Marketing Operations Specialist at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are in the process of obtaining our B Corp certification, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Marketing Specialist for Orchestrated Energy and E-Commerce Marketplace programs to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
- Serve as the marketing point of contact for utility clients, configuration of marketing email campaigns and automation, content review and approvals management, data management, quality assurance and deployment across email and digital marketing channels.
- Launch new programs and execute marketing to increase program acquisition and engagement and sales of products and services that help utility customers save energy and money.
- Use your extreme attention to detail and your technical aptitude to build and deploy flawless campaigns to utility customers across multiple different accounts and channels.
- Apply your excellent people and program management skills to coordinate with internal teammates and utility partner stakeholders.
What you will contribute:
- Communicate effectively and proactively with internal and utility stakeholders as the primary marketing steward and point of contact for Orchestrated Energy and Marketplace programs. This includes sharing and soliciting feedback on marketing plans, content, and updates; as well as fielding, directing, and responding to inbound requests.
- Maintain and tailor marketing plans to your specific programs. Track performance and identify optimizations and opportunities based on performance to targets.
- Conduct day-to-day marketing tasks, including configuration, automation, quality assurance testing, data/list management, and deployment of acquisition and promotional marketing campaigns and automated journeys.
- Manage and track utility approvals for new products, promotional participation, and marketing content for multiple clients.
- Support the planning and execution of sales and promotional campaigns.
- Write tickets and project briefs for work to be completed by Marketing, E-Commerce, Reporting, Engineering, and Product squad members.
- Support new client integrations with setup work in platforms such as Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, and SendGrid.
- Maintain hygienic email lists and develop customer segments to support a robust targeting and personalization strategy. Support utility-specific list transfers and opt-out management.
- Employ and analyze A/B and multivariate testing of different content strategies
- Collaborate with internal team members from Marketing, E-commerce, Customer Success and Customer Care squads on projects and issues
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Master multi-tasker and can pivot from one task to the next to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle the demands of multiple clients
- Active communicator who can manage relationships with external clients and keep internal teams informed of new developments.
- Prepared to negotiate and balance branding requirements and requests for customization with the efficiency of a turnkey solution.
- Experience building and deploying manual and automated email campaigns to large audiences, including effective customer acquisition and recruitment initiatives
- Great at prioritizing your to-do list based on the level of importance
- Strong attention to detail
- You love a good puzzle and can think through all the angles
- Committed to learning and adhering to copyright, CAN-SPAM, and other marketing-related legal requirements and best practices
- Enjoy following (and improving!) operational processes
- You are a go-getter. You take responsibility and run with it
- Take on new challenges and are not afraid to teach yourself new things
- Thrive in unstructured environments and use that flexibility to your advantage
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with Shopify, Campaign Monitor, Marketo, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, and/or other like email, marketing automation, and e-commerce software
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.