Marketing Manager at FoodMaven
As FoodMaven’s Marketing Manager you will play a pivotal role in executing marketing efforts that build our business, and our brand, across multiple markets. Each day, you serve as the key player managing our team’s projects and results. Outside the office, you play a critical role in communicating our value prop, our story and our unique positioning to existing and prospective customers to grow our business and help change the food system.
A person who cares deeply about the mission and success of the company. You demonstrate your passion for what we do with a positive, upbeat attitude and a self-starting work style. As a central member of the Marketing Team, you are detailed-oriented and analytical, while regularly leveraging your creativity to guide strategy, run experiments and move the company forward.
You operate independently and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You embrace the challenge that comes with achieving a big vision with a much-too-small team, and you thrive on doing more with less. You understand the glory (and the pain) that comes with joining a startup and you are excited to jump in headfirst anyway.
What Your Daily Duties Look Like
- Serve as project manager to ensure the team is executing to plan
- Oversee the administration and infrastructure of the CRM and marketing automations including building customer properties, segments, reports, workflows and sequences
- Brainstorm and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, and guide the development of content at all levels of the funnel
- Act as liaison between Sales & Marketing, sharing strategies, implementing SLAs, building tools and helping provide accountability
- Manage and optimize an account-based marketing playbook, and help drive leads into the top of the funnel
- Strategize and optimize revenue generation tactics to current and prospective customers
- Use data to oversee personalization tactics to drive engagement and revenue
- Report on key marketing metrics weekly
What Else You Might Do
- Manage and optimize our outbound advertising for ROI
- Event planning and management, including trade shows, industry events and FoodMaven organized events
- Conduct customer interviews to enhance buyer personas and content
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience running B2B multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Demonstrable understanding of a B2B marketing funnel and customer lifecycle stages
- Experience building workflows, sequences, lifecycle stages and custom reporting in marketing automation software such as HubSpot, Marketo or others; certifications and expert level knowledge preferred
- Highly capable with the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Apple products such as Keynote and Pages preferred
- Experience managing advertising spending, outside agencies and vendors
- Experience building internal SLAs between Sales & Marketing
- Experience with Google Analytics and e-commerce platforms preferred
- Master’s Degree preferred
What We Do
Our vision is to ensure that all food is used with good purpose. Our mission is to capture and create a market for food otherwise lost in the food system with positive impacts for profits, people, and the planet. We sell high-quality local, oversupplied and out of spec food from distributors, manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional kitchens at a significant discount.
FoodMaven is committed to our mission and vision, working to create a better food system and fostering a fun and passionate work culture. We have frequent company events, happy hours, and opportunities to visit new markets we are developing. We work hard, and have a great time doing it!
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits, the opportunity to earn company stock options, an energetic office environment, and the ability to purchase discounted food items from our marketplace. More importantly, we offer the opportunity to work on an incredible mission, with talented and passionate people trying to solve a real problem in the world.