Greater Denver Area
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
The Marketing Manager will be an integral part of Boom’s marketing team and will play a key role in leading and executing marketing initiatives and driving brand awareness around our ground-breaking mission. In collaboration with the VP of Marketing, you will convert strategy into action across multiple projects including B2B campaigns, experiential events and conferences, and co-marketing partnership programs.
- Develop B2B and partnership marketing strategies and collateral to support the sales/supplier teams and partners. (Note: examples include the managing the newsletter program, contributing to sales/supplier decks etc.)
- Lead and manage the company’s ongoing conference speaking program and in-facility tours. This includes developing speaking materials and briefing documents for our CEO and other executives, interacting with the conference organizers, identifying new conference opportunities, maintaining the company’s conference schedule and developing a tour protocol for Boom visitors.
- Lead development of creative briefs and partner with the internal Creative Director to implement creative design strategies for all marketing materials.
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams (engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, policy, sales, aero etc.) to understand data and timelines and translate data into marketing materials and responses for PR media inquiries.
- Develop metrics to manage insights and measurements of success.
- Support the full marketing team with general workflow and project needs such as timelines, facility requests etc.
- 3-5 years marketing experience; ideally including some PR and media experience
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem solving skills, especially in a start-up environment
- Willing to engage in productive dialogues challenging ideas as well as accepting feedback to improve ideas
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams cultivating strong relationships
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Results-driven with an ability to execute independently
- A self-starter who thrives in a fluid environment, is flexible with shifting workloads and needs and can manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to anticipate needs of the team and customers
- Experience developing measurement and insights tracking for marketing activities
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description