Manager, Solutions Marketing
Tendril is a leading provider of energy-focused consumer engagement, energy management, and data analytics solutions across to the utility industry. The Manager, Solutions Marketing is a subject matter expert on the utility energy efficiency and engagement market and our products, and uses that expertise to support the sales team in driving Tendril SaaS bookings and in executing strategic projects.
Subject Matter Expert - Energy Efficiency and Customer Engagement: 60%
- Engage with utility executives and employees in sales calls, workshops and conferences.
- Support the Sales team by understanding utility business needs and regulatory issues.
- Support the Sales team in developing winning account strategies.
- Develop program designs to achieve customers goals.
- Create or edit supporting material for proposals that addresses specific needs.
- Author bylined articles, blog posts and conference presentations.
- Develop relationships with industry experts and influencers.
- Up to 40% travel required.
Market and Product Analysis: 40%
- Lead specific go-to-market strategy projects, which can include positioning, packaging, market intelligence, competitive response, and other projects
- Contribute to pricing, solution KPIs and company strategic projects
- Develop competitive differentiation and competitive intelligence
- Conduct market intelligence to inform the product roadmap and strategy
- Sit at the center of the organization to bridge communications between market, customers, partners and product development
What you bring to Tendril:
- 5-15 years experience in the energy utility industry, with an understanding of utility financials, business incentives and regulation
- Master’s degree preferred
- Understanding of utility energy efficiency market
- Experience with sales, business development or similar role
- Experience with research, strategy and analysis
- Ability to write and express complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Engaging and personable
- Self-motivated and independent worker
Location: Strong preference will be given to employees who are available to work from Tendril’s headquarters in Boulder, CO.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, challenging, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed.
Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. Walking meetings along Boulder Creek Path, early morning hikes in the foothills, mountain challenges to climb a fourteener, running the Bolder Boulder, and cutthroat ping-pong tournaments keep us fresh and passionate about Tendril. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor.
Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy
- A generous 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, and snacks
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team:
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team.
Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh.