Head (Director) of Marketing, VictorOps
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Director of Marketing, (Head for VictorOps), you will be responsible for driving the marketing strategy for the VictorOps product, recently acquired by Splunk. You will lead a cross-functional team including the growth, content, and field marketing groups to design, build and optimize the customer acquisition and demand generation engine across organic and paid digital, content marketing, trade shows, and multi-channel demand generation campaigns. You will be a key part of the leadership for the VictorOps go-to-market team, and will expand marketing driven revenue acquisition activities. You will closely interact with the functional heads of other key GTM roles including Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success. Additionally, you will work with the broader Splunk organization to use Splunk’s channels, brand, and product portfolio to grow the VictorOps footprint.
As a funnel driven marketer, you will lead the team to define investments and priorities to optimize pipeline creation for the sales team. Using your deep understanding of modern marketing approaches (SEO, SEM, A/B testing, marketing automation, trade-shows and more) you will create an engine for delivering qualified leads.
- Develop and guide marketing strategy using an analytical approach to inform optimal investments that result in customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Work closely with marketing operations to develop a “plan of record” against which the marketing organization can measure/report on progress and optimize performance
- Work closely with the VictorOps go-to-market leadership team (Products, Sales and Customer Success) to deliver on that “plan of record”.
- Provide strategic leadership to support broader business goals and objectives
- Provide opportunities for career growth for your teams
- Drive hiring to allow marketing to scale in a rapid growth environment
- Control the marketing budget to optimize return on investment, with a keen focus on attributable spend that drives new customer acquisition. Steer the business based on additional investment opportunities that can provide incremental growth
- Support a culture of growth and optimization with a clear focus on digital acquisition. This includes using data to improve and expand SEO, paid channel acquisition, content investments, website conversions, and mid-funnel engagements
- 7-10 year with MBA, 10+ years without MBA developing and executing marketing strategies to drive demand for a B2B SaaS product in the IT market segment
- Proven track-record in building out a marketing team and enabling them to do the best work of their career
- Proven communicator, oral and written, with confidence to develop and present ideas
- Deep analytical capabilities
- Validated track-record motivating and building strong team cohesion
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at leading multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in both small private startup and larger public company environments preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and Bizible are a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!