Field Marketing Manager (Remote - West Coast) at Freshworks
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering affordable, quick to implement, and designed software for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- worldwide use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CX, CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
We are seeking a passionate and seasoned Field Marketer who will be responsible for developing high-impact marketing and demand-generation plans for both our pursuits in the Mid-Market and Commercial new business base (250-5,000 employees).
In partnership with our Sales organization, you will manage a field marketing plan from conception to execution, in order to build and influence Freshworks' sales pipeline, through a variety of marketing channels, including field marketing events, sales collateral, account-based marketing, vertical/industry efforts, prospect targeting, partner/ISV marketing and more.
This individual will have a successful track record of fostering valuable partnerships with Sales, and helping them hit their quotas through field marketing strategies and tactics. This role reports to the Head of Field Marketing for North America, and will be based remotely in western North America.
- Define a segment-specific marketing plan that supports Freshworks North America's sales strategy aimed at the Commercial and Mid-Market segments, which is comprised of organizations with 250 - 5,000 employees or more. (Hunting)
- Partner with our North America Sales leadership, COM/MM Segment Account Executives, Business Development Reps (Inside Sales), Account Managers for the current customers, Customer Success Managers, Solutions Engineers (Pre-Sales), as well as our Global Marketing Centers of Excellence based out of Chennai India.
- Assist these teams by driving contacts, engagements and MQL's (Marketing Qualified Leads), in the expectation that these will later turn into SQL's (Sales Qualified Leads), and ultimately, Deals.
- Plan and execute summits, roundtables, industry events, partner events and webinars, in order to create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing sales opportunities and deepen our existing customer & partner relationships.
- In collaboration with Chennai Marketing, strategize, build and execute integrated demand-gen/lead-gen campaigns that include events (both physical and virtual); email marketing; direct-mail marketing; digital & social; paid & organic search; video, blog and other audience-relevant content; inbound & outbound vehicles; advocacy programs and customer success stories; and other elements of the marketing mix.
- In partnership with the Corporate Marketing team - the Office of the CMO - leverage all the brand and awareness-building initiatives that Freshworks is deploying across North America, including PR, analyst relations, thought-leadership research, competitive/guerrilla marketing efforts, etc.
- In partnership with the Product Marketing team, incorporate solution positioning, product launches, roadmaps, buyer profiles, sales enablement tools and the like into the field marketing/demand-gen toolkit.
- Build a Vertical lens into several of these deliverables, as we hone-in on winning industries for our GTM model, such as Education, Real Estate, Logistics & Transportation, Professional Services, Manufacturing and the like.
- When applicable, for the larger prospects and customers, deploy an ABM (Account-Based Marketing) approach as well: tailor-made/1-to-1 marketing strategies, plans and deliverables.
- From an existing-accounts perspective, support those Account and Customer-Success teams by helping to create strong case studies and customer references; customer events and webinars; advocacy programs, etc.
Experience and Skills
- First and foremost, a can-do attitude
- 6-7 years of experience in Field/Regional Marketing
- SaaS or Tech industry experience
- Strategic and outcome-oriented mindset in the planning and execution of a high-impact marketing plan
- Solid project management skills
- Strong team player and collaborator, with a variety of people and teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Summary of Freshworks Benefits:
Freshworks offers multiple options for dental, medical, vision, disability and life insurances. Equity and ESPP, Unlimited time off + paid vacation time, commuter benefits, work from home spending, and wellness benefits are also offered. Freshworks also offers adoption and parental leave benefits.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.