Ecommerce/Marketing Operations Specialist
Simple Energy is a fast-paced, fast-growing, Boulder, CO-based venture-backed SaaS Software and E-Commerce company. We are also a Certified B-Corp and a graduate of the TechStars accelerator program. We work with electric and gas utilities to help motivate and enable customers to save energy via targeted motivational messaging and its instant-rebate E-commerce platform. To date, we’ve raised over $10mm from leading Silicon Valley and Boulder VCs and angel investors; we currently have 75+ employees.
Simple Energy is seeking a junior-level Marketing and e-Commerce Operations Specialist to manage e-commerce website and marketing campaign configuration, review and approvals, quality assurance and deployment across our online Marketplace websites and digital marketing channels. You will work as a member of our Agile marketing team to stand up new online Marketplaces, increase on-site conversions and execute highly targeted marketing campaigns with an emphasis on email marketing.
In this role you’ll use your extreme attention to detail and your technical aptitude to build and deploy flawless campaigns to utility customers across a number of different accounts. If you’re interested in learning marketing and e-commerce from the ground up, plus you have a passion for sustainability and teamwork, this job may be for you!
High Level Overview
- Conduct day-to day marketing operations, including configuration, customization, quality assurance testing, segmentation and scheduling of web content and marketing campaigns
- Support new client integrations with setup work in Shopify and Campaign Monitor
- Employ A/B and multivariate testing of different content strategies
- Implement website updates and enhancements
- Build product pages for new and upcoming products and implement pricing and product detail changes
- Maintain hygienic email lists and develop customer segments to support a robust targeting and personalization strategy
- Collaborate with internal team members from Marketing, e-Commerce, Delivery and Customer Support squads on projects and issues
- Communicate effectively and proactively with utility partners, including soliciting and implementing feedback on new content and campaigns
To get started right away you will need:
- You are a master multi-tasker and can pivot from one task to the next to meet aggressive deadlines
- You are great at prioritizing your to-do list based on level of importance
- You have strong attention to detail
- You love a good puzzle and can think through all the angles
- You’re committed to learning and adhering to copyright, CAN-SPAM and other marketing-related legal requirements and best practices
- You enjoy following (and improving!) operational processes
- You are a go-getter. You take responsibility and run with it
- You are an active communicator and keep internal teams informed of any new developments
- You love to take on new challenges and are not afraid to teach yourself new things
- You thrive in unstructured environments and use that flexibility to your advantage
- HTML/CSS, preferred
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, preferred
- Familiarity with Shopify, Listrak, Campaign Monitor, Marketo, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, and/or other like software, preferred
Reporting to: Manager, Marketing Ops
Start date: ASAP
Simple Energy does not work with third party recruiters.