Director, Product Marketing, Cloud Infrastructure
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
Director, Product Marketing, Cloud Infrastructure
Hybrid Multi Cloud is here to stay. The market is moving fast, and NetApp does, too. The Director of Product Marketing is a global role that drives the overall marketing strategy and execution for NetApp’s hybrid cloud infrastructure portfolio. You will work closely with Product Management, Product Development, and Sales to identify, implement and execute the right marketing mix and overall go to market strategy in one of NetApp’s highest growth portfolios. This role is for an unparalleled talent in product and solutions marketing, someone who is a passionate voice of the customer and has extremely high expectations of themselves as well as the team around them. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities, this may be the role for you.
This is a high profile, strategic role that will work across the entire NetApp organization to drive business results. This role will have responsibility for working with leadership to develop clear plans, goals, prioritization for products and work across the organization to drive business results and market impact. This role will be seen as the subject matter expert on the marketing and go to market solutions for the portfolio. Strong influence and communication skills will be critical.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Design, enablement, execution, and measurement of product/solution marketing and go to market plans
- Messaging and content development that provides compelling value proposition and awareness
- Provide management oversight to your team to drive strategy and goal attainment
- Drive excellence around product launches, announcements, demand generation and content activities including tradeshows, conferences, sales kickoffs and ongoing sales training or channel partner training activities
- Identify metrics and drive regular communication on progress for the Product Marketing and Marketing organization
- Identify tools or capabilities needed to increase sales and channel impact and performance
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure departmental goals are met
- Assume responsibility for result, including costs, methods and staffing
- 10+ years Product or Solutions Marketing experience in datacenter technology
- Experience in cloud services or converged infrastructures
- Experience with multiple routes to market: directs, channel, technology partners, digital
- Executive presence. Excellent verbal, written, presentation communications skills
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of urgency. Must be resourceful, proactive and assertive
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with a high level of integrity
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas. Build & lead a team.
- Demonstrate leadership and work effectively with Executives, analysts, influencers and even members of the press, if required
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. 12+ years -- plus add additional experience requirements needed if you were to fill an open requisition, i.e., knowledge, skills, and abilities.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.