Director - Performance Marketing
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014, and 165 millionth sold in 2019. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
In 2020, PopSockets was named the Best Company (of our size) to Work for in Colorado by ICC and ColoradoBiz Magazine, after being a runner up in 2019. We were also named on Built In Colorado’s list of Best Midsize Places to work in 2020. We were Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US for 2018, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the previous three years.
The Director of Performance Marketing will develop, implement, track and optimize campaigns and programs that drive brand awareness, engagement, acquisition, and conversion across all digital marketing channels. This role is also responsible for PopSockets retention and acquisition strategy including optimizing system functionality, driving best practices and overseeing marketing programs including email, social, search, affiliate, loyalty, subscription and influencer. Must be a creative, data-driven critical-thinker with a proven track record in marketing technologies, analytics, and multi-channel demand generation campaigns. This role will work closely with other marketing team members, ecommerce, agencies, freelancers, stakeholders and cross-functional teams at all levels.
● Build campaign strategies, anticipate client needs and demands and manage all communication plans and projects with internal stakeholders for Social, Email, Search, Affiliate, Loyalty, Subscription and influencer digital campaigns
● Leverage Salesforce Marketing Cloud to deliver high return, personalized cross channel communication and digital marketing experience
● Cultivate and maintain credibility with high-profile clients and their management teams
● Develop CRM and digital marketing strategy, including segmentation.
● Offer strategies to increase customer engagement and retention, lifetime value and
experience Lead cross-functional teams towards building the infrastructure needed to fully support CRM, personalization/targeting, email and mobile push programs, A/B testing, deploying dynamic creative and facilitating triggered marketing
● Collaborate with Ecommerce, Brand Marketing, Analytics, Marketing Technology, Media & Sponsorship and other internal Marketing teams
● Partner with Marketing Technology teams to represent business priorities and quantify opportunities for investment and development
● Oversee vendor relationships and leverage digital upfronts & media partnerships
● Maintain strategic relationships with Facebook, Google and other key platforms
● Identify opportunities to improve efficiency across the digital marketing teams, better
manage costs and achieve better outcomes across all vendors and programs
● Measure the effectiveness of the digital marketing department and implement
improvements as required – heavy emphasis on the ability to interpret and organize data to drive decisions and shape strategy
● Manage department to achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of marketing strategies, tactics and programs
● Drive digital marketing strategy & expertise across multiple teams and business units
● Manage the relationship with paid media agency to drive the allocation of digital investment based on the goals and objectives for the year, recommending incremental investment when needed
● Develop and drive test strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing, copy testing, and collaborate with ecommerce for landing page optimization to ensure maximum response rates
● Configure and build optimal functionality and identify opportunities to improve ROI through better automation and targeting
● Measure and report performance metrics to gain insight and optimize marketing strategies and campaigns
● Improve targeted marketing initiatives by ensuring high data quality through list management and database monitoring
● Oversee overall marketing technology and software usage, integrations, and workflows to maximize effectiveness
● Support an environment of collaboration by interacting with people at all levels of the organization, across multiple functions to develop and execute relevant and impactful campaigns
● Maintain a customer-centric philosophy throughout all stages of planning and execution
● Leverage emerging trends and best practices to keep Popsockets at the forefront of
developments in digital marketing
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
● At least 7 years of digital marketing experience and 5+ years of leadership and management
● Proven strong campaign management and digital platform capabilities including the
ability to plan end-to-end campaigns and execute digitally
● Ability to translate analytics into actionable insights for iterating marketing and campaign strategy
● High degree of initiative, resourcefulness, personal responsibility, ownership and customer obsession.
● Excellent communication, presentation, writing and organizational skills
● Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage, mentor and develop high
performing and highly engaged team
● Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while
also able to build strong internal relationships and build consensus on critical initiatives
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable leveraging large amounts of
data to drive decisions and a passion for continuous testing and optimization.
● Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects
simultaneously and prioritizing time and resources based on business impact.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.