Director, Growth at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Role
Angi is seeking to fill a key role in its newly formed Category Management team. Angi’s leadership launched this team to ensure we develop targeted strategies, tailored product, and optimized operations to address the unique needs of Homeowners and Service Professionals we serve – all in the strong belief that this is necessary to unlock and further accelerate the company’s growth.
The GM/Director of Growth will own the P&L for an exciting subcategory on our Category Management team. This is a unique opportunity to own the performance of an important and fast-growing area of our overall business. In this role, you are expected to meet and exceed the revenue and profit targets of your subcategory. You will own the strategy, partnering cross-functionally across Sales, Marketing, Ops, Product etc. in order to lead its execution. You will be expected to know your business inside out, – as well as its Service Pro and Homeowner customers – and be advocate of it with senior leadership and throughout the organization.
We are looking for a highly analytical leader and team player with previous P&L ownership experience in a product-forward company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Driving the strategy for a high growth P&L. You will be responsible for delivering the monthly and annual goals, and for continuously evaluating opportunities to improve conversion, margin, and overall profitability of your domain
- Analyzing, measuring and reporting impact. Test hypotheses quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities. You’ll constantly be looking at (and improving) your metrics.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams. You will have to work closely with people in the product, marketing, operations and CX, as well as teams at our sister brands, to succeed.
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility including P&L ownership, ideally in a marketplace company
- Significant experience with / exposure to product-driven organizations, digital marketing, eCommerce
- Prior small company or start-up experience required
- Exceptional strategic thinking and creative problem solving. Past consulting experience is a plus
- Tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations-intensive environment. Willing to dig in and do what it takes to make sure the business succeeds
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Deep knowledge of Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player with great leadership potential
- Prior experience managing a (small) team is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field
- MBA not required, but preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $160,000 - $210,000, commensurate with
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world