Director of Growth Marketing
Guild wants to increase economic mobility for working adults in America, providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. We believe this is an important opportunity and a difficult one. In order to achieve our mission to serve more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. One of the most critical roles that will support our immediate, near and long term goals is a Director of Growth Marketing.
The Director of Growth Marketing will lead efforts to help more potential students discover, understand and use their education benefits by unlocking new channels, building and growing our audience across companies and industries. Our Director will learn about our students, business, and clients in order to activate, analyze and measure progress toward goals through employer channels and across paid/organic digital and offline channels.
In this role, you’ll bring skills and expand your expertise by:
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild
- Improving your analytical expertise by living in data and using the insights to get better every day
- Showing leadership by solving unique, complex problems across clients, industries and channels
- Prototyping new strategies, iterating and testing to increase prospect → lead conversions
A day in our open, collaborative workspace will look a little like this:
- Managing the admin sides of Facebook, AdWords, Marketo, Google Analytics, and Salesforce platforms as you optimize and measure campaign and landing page performance
- Collaborating with Client Success, Enterprise Sales and Analytics/Biz & Corporate Ops teams
- Developing client roadmaps and working with our external marketing partners at F1000 companies to implement those plans
- Analyzing outcomes with tools like Excel (pivot, lookups) and SQL, and sharing out learnings with the Guild team
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Growing our list and tangibly increasing the number of leads
- Increasing traffic in ways that are directly attributable to the strategies you’ve implemented
- Improving conversions at the front end of the funnel
- Improving channel performance relative to spend, overall and by client
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll join a team:
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- A growth-oriented mindset reinforced by your enthusiasm for rapid iteration and prototyping
- Experience in similar or related roles on political campaigns, in product/retail or field marketing, or in quantitative merchandising organizations
- Experience in a quantitative academic and professional environments
- Examples of how you’ve created and executed successful (i.e. objectively achieved the desired quantitative outcomes) campaigns across digital and offline channels
- Experience across the digital and offline channels in a lean environment where you’ve made the strategic plan, managed the budget and “pushed the buttons”
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- Leadership experience managing complex problems, processes, projects and people
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!