From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the role:
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
Product Marketing at Fivetran is responsible for customer and market insights to drive product messaging and positioning, go-to-market strategies, while influencing demand generation campaigns to drive product growth. The customers that we’re heavily focused on will range from data architects, to data engineers, to CTOs, and emerging tools and processes that they are interested in. The role partners closely with product, sales, design, communications, and analytics. You will be well versed in supporting programs including product launches, pricing changes, sales enablement, as well as collaborating with AR and PR teams.
We are looking for a creative and collaborative product marketing leader with deep expertise in management as well as the data industry to join our fast-growing team. You will manage a few, high-performing product marketers helping them strategize and execute their own workstreams as well as drive your own initiatives and areas of responsibility.
As the Director, Core Product Marketing at Fivetran, you will:
- Own our competitive landscape, including enabling our sales and marketing teams and owning the creation and maintenance of battlecards (updating, creating, and training teams on them)
- Create and maintain sales collateral and enablement that speaks to our core value proposition (especially around our reliability, security, and automation)
- Research, develop, maintain, and enable our internal teams on our core personas (e.g., Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Architects, and Database Architects).
- Take on launches for Core capabilities and features, including our paid services
- Manage mid and senior product marketers, help ensure their career growth is top of mind, roadblocks are removed, and overall they are flourishing at Fivetran
- Serve as an external-facing spokesperson, taking on our Quarterly Customer Product Showcase and other webinars and developing our customer-facing roadmap and monthly customer product email
- Translate complex ideas & strategies into customer-facing collateral including data sheets, pitch decks, blogs, setup documentation, and more
- Develop & repurpose thought leadership stories to support our partner team & other GTM leads
- Support Product Marketing Team with additional projects, product launches, research initiatives, and collateral updates and maintenance
- Partner with our Global Marketing team on growth campaigns associated with webinars, events, websites, and emails
- Support key AR initiatives, including developing our point of view on the newest trends in data movement
What you bring to the table:
- Experienced manager: You will have managed a high-achieving team of product marketing managers. You are deeply versed in supporting team member’s career growth and offering them a true partner in their strategic programs.
- Deep data industry experience: You have been in the industry for a while and are up to speed on the latest in ELT, analytics use cases, and more.
- Experience working with commercial teams: Whether it’s been enabling teams, crafting messaging for sales pitches, or being a former member of a sales team, it’s important that we understand how to best support our GTM counterparts.
- In-person, virtual, and written communication prowess. You will be working with users, product managers, sales and marketing at Fivetran across the world. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to reach and engage your audience regardless of medium. You excel at verbal and written communication, knowing how to repurpose marketing material into different mediums while ensuring consistency in messaging & value proposition.
- Hungry & ready to dive in. Fivetran is moving, growing, and changing quickly, it is an environment you embrace. You will be exposed to a lot of different projects and are excited to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done.
- Highly-organized with a project management track record. You’ll be coordinating projects and work streams across many different teams, responsible for collecting and maintaining customer materials and research. You will help us up level not only the quality of work we produce but the amount and accessibility of it.
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.