Director, Content Marketing and Brand
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add a Director of Content Marketing and Brand to the team.
As the Director of Content Marketing and Brand, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing Guild’s content marketing strategy. This role will lead the growing Content Marketing team to shape Guild Education’s brand voice while driving engagement throughout the lifecycle of the student enrollment funnel. This is a rare opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of a fast paced startup while making a direct impact on students’ lives by helping them achieve their educational goals.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Developing and refining Guild’s brand and voice across our university, business, and student audiences.
- Building a content marketing strategy to engage and motivate students throughout the student lifecycle.
- Ensuring editorial quality throughout Guild’s digital and offline content to ensure brand voice, style, and tone is consistent.
- Optimize content across multiple channels to promote student engagement and accelerate the enrollment funnel.
- Build and execute a organic social media strategy to promote a sense of community and trust among our student audiences.
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Learning the ins and outs of Guild and deeply understanding our student needs and experiences in order to create innovative strategies for content marketing at Guild.
- Building and leading a team of expert content creators and strategists.
- Learning to tell the stories of our students to inspire and motivate prospects to better themselves through education.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Building a best-in-class content marketing strategy and team.
- Improving conversion rates across the marketing and enrollment funnel.
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience hiring and managing content experts.
- A history of demonstrating empathy in understanding voice of the customer and creativity in applying learnings to creating content strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express Guild’s voice and value clearly across many marketing channels.
- A collaborative spirit dedicated to helping teams across the company achieve their goals.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!