Digital Strategist at Granicus LLC
Granicus provides technology and services that empower government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, and digital services to more than 5,500 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 280 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance civic engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the people they serve.
Come see the impactful work we've done on communities across the country (and world!): https://granicus.com/success-stories/
Granicus is a remote first company. While we have virtual teams, you have the option for in-office work should you be located near one of our hubs.
The Granicus Experience Group (GXG) is our in-house digital agency, a cross-functional team of strategists, analysts, communicators and Granicus technology experts. We leverage best-in-class human-centered practices and a design-thinking approach to help our nonpartisan federal, state and local government clients better connect with the people they serve. We discover better insights, build better experiences, and achieve better outcomes.
GXG takes a consultative, collaborative approach to helping our clients maximize the value they get out of the Granicus platform and develop strategic, human-centered experiences that inform, educate and compel people to take action.
The opportunities to make a difference while developing strategies for the public sector are limitless. Your role will require you to create new ideas, work directly with our government clients to flesh out these ideas, and help bring these ideas to reality. Our projects are typically long-term engagements completed in collaboration with Granicus and client professionals.
Our digital strategists apply a human-centered approach to digital experience planning, using empathy, data and insights to design blueprints to nurture the connection between people and government. Our strategists analyze the current state of our clients' customer experience, then map an idealized journey to meet our clients' goals and inspire new approaches.
Our strategists execute discovery activities to understand our clients' audiences and their overall goals. They conduct individual interviews, facilitate workshops, and review content or data to glean insights, then develop actionable plans for enhanced digital experiences, including personas, customer journeys, messaging frameworks and more. Our strategists collaborate closely with our content and data teams to evaluate the effectiveness of our plans over time.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of developing digital strategies for clients, preferably for government. Candidates will have experience facilitating discovery sessions, analyzing data to inform strategies, and working on large-scale or program-level projects for clients. Candidates will be experts in email and social media communications, as well as community engagement and management. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, client-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government clients.
Projects range from assessing the effectiveness of a rural county's digital communications initiative, to driving awareness-to-action of a state-wide social services initiative, to growing a large federal agency's digital audience in a short timeframe, to managing the largest online community to advance national preparedness and resilience. The position reports to the Director of the Granicus Experience Group based in D.C.
What You'll Do:
- Execute comprehensive multichannel strategy projects for public sector clients, including complete management of project scope, timeline and requirements
- Perform discovery and planning functions, including stakeholder and audience interviews, content audits and assessments, and overall current state analysis. Use data and empathy to discover insights, then translate those insights into actionable plans, including personas, customer journeys, messaging frameworks and more.
- Offer expertise and recommendations to clients, and closely collaborate with internal team members and contractors.
- Act as a primary client feedback conduit to the Granicus Experience Group Director and maintain proactive approaches to executing client initiatives, anticipating client needs and keenly guiding decisions based on data and best practices.
- Continuously demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and clients by being organized, prepared and proactive. Have an authentic and polished presence at all times.
- Occasionally represent the Granicus Experience Group in speaking roles, panel participation, webinars, workshops and client outreach, as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and workshops throughout the U.S. as needed.
- Become an expert on Granicus products and future product development by keeping abreast of new and upcoming enhancements to our platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of consulting or digital strategy, preferably in a digital/social media company serving government or at a government agency.
- Solid written, verbal and presentation skills and workshop facilitation skills in a heavy client-facing capacity
- Experience digesting data and deriving insights that lead to actionable recommendations, then applying intuition and experience to complement data
- Understand and use digital tools, technologies and trends, then leverage those for client success, including research and discovery efforts
- Strategic thinker with the ability to exercise independence, autonomy, and sound judgment in making account recommendations and decisions. Skillfully enlist internal stakeholders to help navigate client relationships
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and to work well under pressure
- Consistently perform against simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for working with government. Passionate about public service, citizen engagement and all things digital
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating strong personal initiative and on-time delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of government news, as well as digital communications and industry developments that apply to the position and responsibilities.
- Be hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit and be committed to making a difference with communications and collaboration.
Come learn more about working at Granicus on our website: https://granicus.com/careers/
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location