Corporate Communications Manager
Guild is hiring for a Corporate Communications Manager to support corporate communications for our fast-growing startup.
As the Corporate Communications Manager, you’ll be driving awareness for the company through earned and owned media channels. As a critical member of the Communications team, you’ll develop and execute communication strategies to elevate Guild’s voice and reach our target audiences. You’ll help build (and hopefully bring) media relationships, develop press materials, help manage the company’s social media channels and oversee the external PR agency. This role on the ground floor of the corporate communications department, helping to develop and create legacy public relations initiatives for the company.
As a Corporate Communications Manager, you will:
- Work with the Brooke Gabbert, Senior Director of Communications to develop public relations strategies, campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop story ideas for local and national media.
- Create press materials, including releases, fact sheets, media, and speaking pitches.
- Hit the phones to pitch the company to national business media, local market publications, and broadcast channels, and industry publications.
- Collaborate with the external PR agency to provide assets, stories, and experts for media outreach.
- Coordinate media strategy with communication counterparts at our corporate and academic partners.
- Partner with cross-functional teams at Guild and external partners to manage the creation and flow of messaging.
- Provide measurement and analysis of communications’ activities to enhance and grow future strategies.
- Consume news of a variety of topic areas and mediums with a focus on adult learners, the future of work, and workforce issues in the U.S.
- Promote Guild content including student stories, reports, trade case studies, blog content, white papers.
- Develop innovative and creative ways to tell the Guild story and promote Guild executives in the media.
- Understand how to strategically utilize Guild’s owned channels, including social media and the Guild resource content hub.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Are proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Have a tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- The ability to think both strategically/creatively but also plan/organize to effectively execute integrated campaigns at the most tactical level
- The ability to make decisions and work independently; prioritize multiple projects and demands
- An aptitude to quickly create content and pivot strategy as needed, including handling many assignments simultaneously
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Experience working with high growth, B2B companies and Fortune 1000 companies/clients
- Experience working in Word Press
- Knowledge of social media analytics, Cision and PR Newswire
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Bachelors Degree
Guild is a fast-growing, mission-based company at the intersection of the future of work supporting adult learners through partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies and non-profit Universities. Our marketplace helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and educational institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. As a certified B Corp, we are mission-based, invested in doing business for good. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Salesforce and Workday (among other social impact and VC partners!).