Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is an integral part of the Corporate Communications team, which encompasses public relations, research/economics, social media, and internal communications. We are a lean but strong team, and we’re looking for a coordinator who is creative, proactive, communicative and who takes pride and ownership in their work. If you want hands-on communications experience at an innovative, market-leading brand, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The corporate communications coordinator is responsible for executing and supporting communications initiatives and campaigns and generating a variety of content, including social media content, media pitches and advisories. This position requires strong communication and writing skills, as well as critical quick-thinking and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, works well with management and across multiple teams, is proactive in identifying strategic opportunities, comfortable engaging with media and understands media relations and marketplaces. This candidate is adaptable and works well both independently and in a team environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support media relations team functions including pitching national and regional TV/radio/online and print outlets to generate media coverage for Angi
- Manage daily posting schedule for key social channels
- Monitor comments and mentions across social channels, escalating comments as necessary to appropriate team members and working to find customer focused outcomes
- Help build and maintain a social media editorial calendar
- Maintain brand voice and visual guidelines
- Interact with and engage the Angi social community
- Build and maintain media lists
- Keep detailed status reports of earned media campaigns and activity
- Track industry news and generate reports
- Assist in planning and executing media events
- Write external content including media responses, articles and scripts
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing, HR partners, SEO, Sales, Marketing, and Product teams
- Research and stay on top of social media trends, adjusting strategies and plans as necessary to constantly fit new platforms or algorithms
- Performs other duties as assigned by corporate communications leadership
SKILLS & QUALITIES FOR SUCCESS
- Strong written, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing accounts in Facebook, Instagram, (Including Reels, IGTV, and Stories), LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn tools like Slack, Meltwater, Outlook and Google Drive
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Emplify, Later and other related social listening tools
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Detail-oriented, Driven, able to adapt and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with excellent time management skills
- Must consume the media daily and be up-to-speed on current events
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment
- Ability to think beyond traditional communications tactics and strategies to design/execute innovative approaches
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information
- Team player
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in a professional setting; agency or in-house experience and/or training preferred
- Be willing to travel on occasion
- Preferred locations: Denver, CO, Indianapolis, Indiana, or New York, NY, but open to remote
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The salary band for this position ranges from $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world