Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
Boom Supersonic is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to be the content voice of Boom Supersonic, translating our mission to make the world more accessible into compelling, shareable content that delivers on brand KPIs. We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and excels at working in a fast-paced, exciting and growing organization. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who is strategic, resourceful, collaborative and decisive. We work hard together, and we go out of our way to support each other – we want everyone to be successful, individually and as a team.
The Content Marketing Manager, reporting to the Head of Marketing Partnerships, is a content expert, a gifted storyteller with an ability to translate complex concepts into digestible narratives that adapt to a variety of audiences. You are innately curious, a problem-solver and a creative thinker who can develop and foster big ideas. You enjoy a hands-on role. You are organized, self-sufficient, strong on details and follow-up. You are adaptable, can pivot and multi-task. You enjoy collaboration and don’t always stay in your lane, because a great idea can come from anywhere. And you don’t take yourself too seriously.
In this role, you will support brand awareness goals through content creation by defining and executing upon a holistic content marketing strategy, customizing that strategy for specific campaigns, focusing on audience development and driving engagement across all of our owned & operated channels. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners (e.g. product, brand strategy, PR, insights, design, commercial development, engineering, legal, partner agencies, et al) to ensure business objectives are integrated into the content strategy, individual campaigns and every piece of content executed.Responsibilities:
- Lead the writing of social, editorial content, striving for flawless execution
- Create nuanced brand + product content, blending creative with editorial across all owned channels (social, newsletter, FlyBy), displaying a strong understanding of the target audience by channel and optimal formats by platform
- Research/conduct interviews, write and edit content, on deadline, with limited direction across various topics (e.g., Overture product, the onboard experience, travel and design, supersonic experience, employee/human stories, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with the brand strategy & design teams to develop creative assets to support content, ensuring alignment with the voice, quality, and mission of Boom Supersonic
- Support the analysis of platform-specific content performance and audience metrics to drive programming decisions, optimize for KPIs and inform digital paid media strategies
- Responsible for on-going reporting and evaluation of campaign impact
- Identify thought-leaders, relevant digital voices (brands, individuals, bloggers, influencers, employees, suppliers, customers) to collaborate with Boom on editorial content, providing a unique lens for Boom’s storytelling and amplify our narrative to attract new audiences
- Provide exceptional service and collaboration to cross-functional partners, including responding promptly to issues and challenges to hit organizational goals
- Contribute to a team culture that is agile, fast, innovative, supportive, collaborative, optimistic & positive
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of creating digital content with a focus on editorial and social media
- Ability to flex from aviation to lifestyle & culture, to business and financial, to sustainability and other genres; taking a diverse range of business inputs and translating them into compelling editorial content
- Proven track record of creating content that reflects brand business objectives but always delivers on the fundamentals to inspire, inform, entertain and engage
- Excellent written communication and editorial skills, high attention to detail with a high bar for quality, a natural storyteller with the ability to distill an idea into an elevator pitch
- Strong understanding of social media platforms & trends, consumption, user behavior and best practices, innovative & relevant formats, optimizing content creation for SEO, analytics, and content marketing strategy
- Familiarity with CMS & on-line publishing tools
- High emotional intelligence, a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a rapid growth environment
- Proficiency in using the G Suite products: Google Calendar, GMail, GDrive, Doc, Slides, Sheets, Hangouts, Slack, and Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience within a social media platform, working in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment and/or aerospace industry, a plus
The Base Salary Range for this position is $100,000-$120,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.