Content Marketing Manager
Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as the leading commercial insurer among small business owners by curating and optimizing high-performing content that nurtures and drives the efficient growth of our audience.
How You’ll Do It
As our Content Marketing Manager, you’ll help our marketing team by producing and publishing content. We want to make small business insurance as easy as pie, and our messaging and content needs to embody this objective.
On a day-to-day basis, that means you manage content across all platforms, including the website and blog, as well as content promotion in email and social media. More broadly, you’ll help us execute our content strategy and keep content production on deadline to meet our SEO objectives.
Small businesses owners are active participants in the buying process. We can't bait them with junk; instead, we must make learning about and buying insurance non-threatening and easy. We must target the right prospective customers and acquire them effectively to succeed, hence our investment in you.
Pie’s marketing team works out of both Denver and DC, but don’t let the geographical divide fool you. This incredibly collaborative team is in tight, constant communication as we work to expand our marketing channels to reach small business owners, attract them to Pie, and retain them as customers.
Whether It's Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a strong executor who is comfortable taking direction and working independently. We are a start-up. Being willing and able to adapt your work style is required.
This is not an entry-level role. While you’ll have on-the-job mentoring and knowledge-sharing, you’ll need to come in the door with certain skills. For starters, we expect you’ll have spent at least four to five years in a content marketing role at a growth-focused company. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work.
Skills and Abilities
- First and foremost, you’re a writer. You value clear, concise content. And as an editor, you have an eagle eye for catching errors. You have high standards for accurate and consistent brand messaging and tone.
- You love end-to-end content management. You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves to plan and execute compelling content across a variety of digital channels based on our content strategy and SEO goals.
- You’re an expert project manager. You’ll be able to manage PR, content, and social media calendars with ease, as well as a stable of freelancers.
- You know how to use WordPress through and through. You could set up and publish a web page or blog post in your sleep.
- You’ve had experience writing bylines and third-party articles for placement in national, local, and trade publications. And you could effectively pitch your content ideas to relevant journalists and publications for placement.
- You’re very comfortable correlating content to SEO goals, rather than creating content for content’s sake.
- You continuously want to improve and test content effectiveness. You recognize that content creation doesn’t always equate to article production. You consider how images, videos, infographics, and other content types could meet the needs of small business owners.
- You’re excited to build relationships with key external and internal partners who will help drive the success of your content.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or relevant field.
- You have experience with content management systems like Wordpress, customer relationship management software like Salesforce, marketing automation platforms like HubSpot, social media planning tools like Hootsuite or Planoly, SEO software like Moz, and PR planning software like Cision.
The Right Stuff
- You proactively bring issues and recommended solutions to your leaders.
- Ownership. You want your work product to be better than you and to bring success to our customers and to Pie.
- You work hard to deliver success with an incredible sense of urgency. Our marketing success hinges upon your execution.
- Expect to share your ideas, to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid yet compassionate. In a startup with limited resources, we need to communicate and work as quickly and effectively as possible.
- You share your knowledge in ways that position the team for exponential growth. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
- Cover letter recommended. Writing sample will be required prior to hire.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description