Content Marketing Manager
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Content Marketing Manager
Marketo is looking for a smart, creative, and fantastically detail-oriented Content Marketing Manager to join our ranks. If you love content and want to be part of a team that sets the industry standard, keep reading!
The ideal candidate for this position has 3-5 years of demonstrable success as a content marketer, writer, and editor. They’re skilled storytellers, able to create and manage detailed project plans with cross-functional stakeholders, and above all, have a passion for editing.
This position can be based in the Marketo’s San Mateo or Denver offices.
- Serve as the first line of editorial oversight in Marketo’s Content Center of Excellence, ensuring quality and consistency of brand voice across any and all published content, including the blog, eBooks, and other key assets
- Develop and manage the editorial calendar in partnership with Director of Content & Portfolio Marketing
- Help define, research, and create core content assets, including Marketo owned research, thought leadership, and best practice guides
- Manage key content projects with design, subject matter experts, and executive stakeholders to ensure that high-quality assets are developed on time and on budget
- Determine the asset formats and topics that will maximize audience engagement and exceed revenue contribution targets
- Maintain an understanding of content assets and performance, conducting regular audits to ensure that Marketo content is fresh and relevant
- Keep current with the marketing / marketing technology industry, including influencers and trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, journalism or related field
- A portfolio of work and completed projects
- Strong writing, proofing, and editing skills with a drive for accuracy and detail
- Ability to manage detailed projects with tight timelines
- Capable of managing teams and contributors indirectly and working cross-functionally
- Experience writing to maximize SEO performance
- High-energy, self-directed and team oriented