Associate Director of B2B Marketing
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As the Associate Director of B2B Marketing, you’ll lead the marketing effort to grow Guild’s network of corporate partners. You will build our B2B marketing engine from the ground up, driving strategy and execution with a focus on account based marketing best practices. You’ll be a critical member of the team, helping position Guild as the network of choice for employers looking to provide their frontline workers a world class education benefit.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Collaborating with our enterprise sales and corporate communications team to build strategies to drive awareness among Fortune 1000 companies.
- Executing marketing campaigns with our content marketing and marketing operations teams.
- Running lead generation experiments across a variety of marketing channels such as Display, SEM, email, and social media.
- Optimizing the Guild corporate website for conversion and SEO.
- Reporting on B2B marketing initiatives and providing analysis on messaging and segmentation to our enterprise sales and corporate communications teams.
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Learning the ins and outs of Guild as you use your organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, intense and dynamic environment.
- Launching B2B marketing at Guild from scratch using your experience and knowledge of best practices to shape strategy and execution.
- Researching, selecting, and deploying the right martech stack for Guild’s unique marketing needs.
- Deploying creative solutions to complex problems with the freedom to take chances and learn from mistakes
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Maintaining strong relationships with members of the marketing team and a variety of cross-functional partners.
- Expanding the capabilities of the marketing team to efficiently and affordably launch B2B marketing campaigns.
- Growing Guild’s profile among HR leaders in Fortune 1,000 companies.
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
- Of data driven and inquisitive marketers eager to learn from each other and test ambitious new ideas.
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 6+ years of marketing experience, including a minimum of 4 years in B2B role
- Experience with ABM and sales-aligned demand generation programs
- Proven success designing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns across a variety of digital channels.
- Experience building and optimizing websites and landing pages for conversion
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Proficiency with CRM and marketing automation tools. Marketo and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Comfort with researching a new industry in order to develop ideal customer profiles and value propositions to inform Guild’s messaging
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency.
- Self-starter and able to execute independently with limited resources
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!