Job Title: Account Director
Location: Denver, CO
Start Date: January 2019
Application Cut-Off: December 7, 2018
About Rival Communications
We are a Denver-based communications agency that is putting purpose front and center. We harness our expertise as world-class communicators to increase the impact of purpose driven companies, organizations, and ideas. Our clients are making a positive contribution in areas such as health and wellness, environmental sustainability, and the human condition. We pride ourselves in being strategic, creative, and holistic thinkers who utilize all the tools in the communications toolbox to solve our client’s biggest problems. We take tremendous pride in our work because we know we’re making a difference in our community by helping our clients grow and we’ll do whatever it takes to get the job done. We are a small, nimble team on an upward trajectory and we come to work every day ready to win for our clients and each other. There is no ego at Rival. We are a team that takes time to stop and smell the roses, enjoy each other’s company, and toast to the amazing journey we’re on together.
We are looking for an Account Director to lead a variety of client accounts in the renewable energy and sustainability industries. The candidate would lead Rival team members, as well as multiple clients, to develop and execute communications strategies that help achieve goals as outlined in client contracts. Strategies include a wide variety of marketing, communications, and public relations strategies and tactics. This person would specifically lead clients such as a clean energy association, agricultural technology company, and a solar energy company [client names available during interview]. The candidate would also contribute to new business efforts, one-off client projects, and help shape the strategic direction of the company. We’re looking for a candidate who is an intellectually curious, hard-working, self-starter who is excited about working at a young startup on a strong growth trajectory.
- 4-6 years of communications experience in agency, corporate, non-profit or journalism is required
- Preferred experience in renewable energy, sustainability, and/or food and beverage industries
- Proven track record in successfully executing a wide variety of communications fundamentals such as media relations, social media, thought leadership, influencer relations, and content development
- Strong understanding of how earned, owned, and paid media work together
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with measurement and analytics
- Someone who is intellectually curious and isn’t intimidated to learn and communicate about complex topics and ideas.
- Someone who is naturally motivated and a self-starter
- Someone who believes in the motto work hard and play hard
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Manage multiple accounts to drive communications programs forward while acting as the primary client contact
- Develop and execute client strategies that result in earned, owned, and sometimes paid media impressions
- Develop client stories that can be brought to life across communications channels
- Identify media angles and pitch reporters to land national, trade, and local media stories on behalf of clients
- Write and design content that helps positively position our clients and their ideas
- Manage a wide variety of vendors who help us execute for our clients including digital, graphic design, and videographers.
- Measure the success of client programs using company research and analytics tools
- Manage multiple team members acting as their day-to-day manager, developing them as professionals, and leading them to execute on behalf of our clients.