Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst
ColoradoBiz magazine named us a best company to work for in 2014. BuiltInColorado - Colorado's hub for startups and tech - named us a top 100 Colorado digital employer. We're established and profitable yet maintain the soul of a fast moving, Agile startup. Who are we?! eBags!
The primary focus of this role is to support marketing, customer insight and business analytics. Specific position responsibilities include analyzing customer cohorts, leveraging data to maximize frequency and customer lifetime value, and identifying sales and incremental efficiency opportunities across-channel and device using various attribution methodologies. The ideal candidate would have a drive to answer questions that have yet to be asked and a demonstrated track record actioning meaningful customer-centric insights that benefited the organization from a measurable sales and/or cost efficiency gain.REQUIREMENTS
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive the analyses that steer gained efficiencies and effective across the marketing organization
- Serve as the subject matter expert for navigating through our CRM tools and processes
- Work with the business intelligence team so that logical and physical data models support the analytic needs of the marketing business.
- Collaborate with key business and channel managers to identify needs and opportunities
- Write queries, perform ad hoc data analysis, and create data visualizations to keep the nerve center of our marketing operations engine running at full speed
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify channel trends in the countries
- Build best practices of marrying Sales, Costs and Customer operational data. Data sources include (but not limited to): Excel, SQL, internal forecasting and planning tools, Optimove and Google Analytics.
- Standardize processes and performance across channels through dashboards and reporting
- Advise on and incorporate marketing analytics best practices and methodologies
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit.
- 3+ years of analytic experience, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science or other quantitative field.
- Experience with a business intelligence tool and data visualization
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel, complex analyses, and models
- Expert SQL skills a strong plus
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorm to execution
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Analytical Ninja - get pumped up by deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to the heart of core data questions
- Humble & scrappy - not afraid to take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter - we don't have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
Enjoy Life Monthly town hall meetings, casual dress day - every day and a dog-friendly workplace: we believe fun fosters creativity and camaraderie.
Balance and Harmony Generous paid vacations, paid holidays, paid community service time off, health club discounts and reimbursements, financial education, and employee discount on our website: we want you to do more of what makes you happy.
Healthy, Wealthy and Wise We provide the serious stuff, too. Our health benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision. We provide a Health Reimbursement Account to help cover unexpected expenses, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Savings Plan with a Roth Option and Company Match, and Stock Option Grants, to mention a few.