Sr. Counsel Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) at Alteryx
We're looking for a Corporate generalist with significant experience in mergers and acquisitions (M&A). This person will support M&A activities and have a role in other corporate matters. This is a rare opportunity to join a developing world-class M&A function, designed to support Alteryx's ambitious strategic growth initiatives. This role will be highly visible to senior leadership and will span across Alteryx's functional areas. The position requires a motivated, collaborative team member with a strong ability to partner with different constituencies and a commitment to ensure excellence and consistency in legal advice and counsel across Alteryx.
Location: Irvine, CA is preferred, open to remote areas
- Provide strong legal advice surrounding M&A activities.
- Work with business leaders across the organization, including engagement in proactive issue-spotting, risk assessment and problem-solving.
- Draft, review and advise on purchase agreements and other documents relating to public and private M&A and corporate finance transactions.
- Lead legal due diligence efforts, including reviewing documents and disclosure schedules.
- Manage outside counsel and work collaboratively across multiple corporate functions.
- Improve and develop internal corporate processes.
- General corporate experience, including preparation of materials for Board and Committee meetings, advising on corporate governance matters and experience with securities rules and regulations.
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing in at least one State bar (CA or NY preferred).
- Proven experience of at least 5+ years at a major corporate and securities law firm or a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Values diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of their job.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and prioritize competing demands.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.