Senior Legal Counsel, Corporate at Guild Education
Senior Legal Counsel - Corporate
We are looking for an experienced corporate attorney to join Guild Education’s growing team in downtown Denver. In this role, you'll have a diverse range of responsibilities focused on mergers and acquisitions, fundraising, corporate governance, IPO readiness and securities law reporting and compliance. You will also help with corporate structuring, finance, equity and stock administration, and other corporate legal matters. This position is best suited for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a passion for making a difference in the lives of others by providing them with opportunities for advancement through education. This position requires at least 7 years of experience as an attorney and will be based in our Denver office.
- Have the ability to be the primary attorney on mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions and support all phases of deals
- Help define and execute on IPO-readiness initiatives
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting
- Draft and review other public disclosures and corporate communications
- Monitor and research applicable legislative and regulatory developments that could impact Guild and our industry partners, and translate that into practical advice to help Guild and our partners proactively anticipate and resolve legal and other compliance issues
- Support the development, management, implementation, and continuous improvement of legal and risk-management processes and procedures
- Support Guild’s contracting activities, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a broad range of agreements
- Provide legal advice and support on equity plans and related matters
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with cross-functional internal business clients, partners and other third parties and their associated legal counsel on various corporate legal projects
- Assist in the development and provision of legal training programs on legal processes, company policies, and other legal topics
- Provide general legal support on a range of other business initiatives
- Consult with and supervise outside counsel to develop legal strategies and resolve issues in routine matters
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Colorado
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex matters and concisely and clearly convey advice through easily understandable written communications for a wide range of constituencies within the company
- Highly organized with the ability to manage simultaneous projects, prioritize and manage work consistent with the company’s business objectives and requirements, and meet deadlines
- Experience working in the legal department of a publicly traded company
- Collaborative nature with strong partnering skills across all levels of internal and external clients
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication and skills
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, high-performing, collegial, business results-driven environment
- Business-minded with a demonstrated ability to identify legal and business issues, balance risks, and provide practical and constructive legal advice in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong work ethic coupled with the ability to consistently maintain high service quality, efficiency, and ethical standards
- Ability to work independently and respond promptly to requests in a team environment
- Microsoft Excel expertise
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $175,000-193,750, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.