Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Real Estate Counsel, Transactional
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis seeks Counsel in our Operational Headquarters located in Denver, Colorado. This individual will work within the transactional group of the legal department with specific emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, condemnations, financing, development, and environmental matters.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Draft and negotiate all real estate transaction documents, with a heavy emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions of both developed and undeveloped properties, and ground leases.
- Oversee transactions, including responsibility for undertaking and/or managing title and survey review, coordinating and working with in-house paralegals, and overseeing closing and closing logistics.
- Support and oversee land use and development process, including working closely with the local business and development teams in drafting and negotiating development agreements, construction management agreements, easements, licenses, cost-sharing agreements, CCRs, PILOT agreements, and other development related documents; and reviewing plats and subdivision documents.
- Support internal Treasury Department with the review and negotiation of loan documents, including in connection with new debt, loan assumptions, substitutions, and releases.
- Manage condemnation related actions, including negotiating with condemning authorities for condemnation award settlements, and preparation of conveyances in lieu of condemnations and overseeing outside counsel in connection with filed condemnation actions.
- Support internal Environmental Services Group including review and negotiation of environmental covenants, license and access agreements.
- Oversee litigation matters relating to title, boundary dispute, and environmental litigation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- JD from an accredited law school in U.S. and a minimum of 13 years of real estate transactional experience similar in scope to the described responsibilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Exhibits grace under pressure, comfortable with high volume of transactions, has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity, collegiality, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters.
- Must be an independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately, and delegate to resources available.
- Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable legal decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues.
- Must have strong PC skills with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience working either at a large in-house legal department or at a medium to large law firm.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time