Midlevel Corporate Counsel
Salt Lending Holding, Inc. is seeking a Corporate Counsel with five to seven years of transactional experience, ideally in the financial services industry. This is a new position to join a small Legal Department that is currently two attorneys. A minimum of five years of business transactions experience is required, either at a large firm or as in-house counsel. Experience in the financial services industry would be particularly attractive.
Salt Lending operates a blockchain-based platform built on the Ethereum network that facilitates the issuance of multi-signature smart contract loans by connecting borrowers to lenders. The company encompasses several business divisions, that includes an innovative loan servicing platform, online marketplace, and asset management unit.
The Corporate Counsel will report to the General Counsel and will play an important role in negotiating and preparing various commercial agreements which include vendor agreements, technology agreements and confidentiality agreements.
● Provide legal support for U.S. and global commercial transactions
● May work on matters involving blockchain-backed assets and technology matters with the opportunity for additional responsibilities in the compliance and licensing
● Identify and pursue actionable solutions to meet business objectives, while eliminating or mitigating risks
● Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
Candidates for the position should have the following minimum qualifications:
● Minimum of 5 years of legal experience as a licensed attorney in the State of Colorado
● Significant experience in commercial transactions, ideally in the lending industry
● Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and perform with minimal supervision
● Strong communications skills as project management capabilities
● Must have a positive attitude and get along well with others in a busy start-up environment
Benefits -- A few perks you can look forward to
- A bright, conveniently located office in Downtown Denver
- Free parking / transportation
- Free catered lunch, daily
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, and 401K matching
Full-time. Must be in Greater Denver Area or willing to relocate.