Litigation and Risk Paralegal (Remote Eligible) at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role
Angi’s Legal Department is seeking a Litigation and Risk Paralegal to join one of the most recognizable home services brands in North America. The paralegal will have primary responsibility for investigation and response to escalated pre-litigation disputes. The position may be based at one of Angi’s offices in Denver, Colorado, New York, New York, or Indianapolis, Indiana, with the opportunity to work remotely, and will report to the Associate General Counsel of Angi.
What you’ll do
PRE-LITIGATION DISPUTES AND REGULATORY INQUIRIES
- Investigate and draft responses to escalated consumer complaints, including complaints filed with state attorneys general and complaints escalated to a consumer’s counsel;
- Investigate and draft responses to regulatory inquiries, including letters from state departments of labor and construction boards;
- Draft demand letters to collect monies owed to Angi for completed jobs;
- Draft, maintain, and manage templates for escalated dispute letters;
- Develop and maintain processes and policies for managing escalated disputes in partnership with in-house counsel and the rest of the legal team; and
- Maintain electronic records of pre-litigation disputes and regulatory matters within Angi’s matter management system.
- Assist with fact investigation to support ongoing litigation;
- Prepare and maintain electronic data for document production in litigation; and
- Maintain electronic records of ongoing litigation within Angi’s matter management system.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, paralegal certification, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 4+ years’ experience as paralegal supporting litigation or dispute resolution required
- Working knowledge of state and federal litigation procedure
- Working knowledge of standard contractual language, including terms and conditions
- Prior experience working in-house and at a law firm preferred
- Experience with contracts a strong plus as the candidate may be asked to support our in-house team on other matters
- Must be able to communicate to cross-functional management in concise, easily understood terms
- Ability to handle confidential data with appropriate discretion
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Top notch organizational skills
- Proven ability to meet reporting deadlines with quality, speed and accuracy
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability and integrity
- Solid customer service focus and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with diverse teams across the organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, resolve problems and drive projects to completion
- Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- A creative problem solver who is eager to learn about new ideas and concepts
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $75,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work at a technology company with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world