Labor & Employment / Data Privacy Attorney
ANGI Homeservices (NYSE: ANGI) is the global leader in home improvement. Through its collection of brands, ANGI Homeservices is creating the world’s largest digital marketplace for home services, connecting millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals.
ANGI Homeservices Legal Department is seeking a Labor & Employment / Data Privacy Attorney to work for one of the most recognizable home service brands in North America. This position will work in close collaboration with legal, HR, and other business operational teams. The position will be based at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado and will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Day to day counseling and legal assistance to HR and business units on all aspects of labor and employment law.
- Handling L&E-related litigation, pre-litigation disputes, charge responses, and audits.
- Leading and supporting L&E investigations and helping improve ANGI’s investigation processes.
- Engaging with and manage outside counsel to effectively resolve threatened or outstanding employment litigation matters and establish best practices for prevention of litigation
- Drafting employment, separation and other contractual agreements.
- Partnering with HR on location openings, closings, and reductions in force, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Developing, updating, advising on employee policies and processes in close collaboration with the HR community.
- Proactively informing, developing and training the HR community and business leaders on labor and employment laws and regulations and best practices, including developing and delivering training programs.
- Monitoring the enactment and enforcement of U.S. privacy laws and regulations; knowledge of EU privacy laws and regulations preferred but not required.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on relevant privacy laws such as CCPA, GDPR, and the FTC best practices and drive product compliance by collaborating with engineering, product management, and information security.
- Collaborating with information security to address incident responses, including the review, coordination and management of potential privacy or data security incidents and related investigations, notifications and resolution.
- Assisting legal team with overflow day-to-day commercial transactional work, including client and vendor agreements.
Preferred Education and Qualifications include the following:
- D. from an accredited college or university and active membership and good standing in at least one state bar.
- 5-7+ years of employment law experience, both in a law firm and in an in-house setting.
- Strong knowledge of full range of US Labor and Employment law including employment litigation, anti-discrimination, anti-retaliation, leaves of absence, non-competition and confidentiality, compensation, accommodations, discipline, separations, restructurings and RIFs, and independent contractor classification.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct labor and employment in-house practice across multiple jurisdictions and across the company with minimal supervision, including at the most complex level.
- Experienced in setting and managing budgets and leading outside counsel and internal partners to achieve strategic goals.
- Proficient understanding of employee relations principles in the context of business operations, priorities, strategic goals, costs, risk tolerance and mitigation, and compliance.
- Understanding of complex data privacy laws and principles, including CCPA and GDPR a plus.
- Product and privacy counseling experience in a consumer software environment a plus.
- Experience drafting documents related to data security and privacy such as data use agreements a plus.
- Demonstrated experience providing practical, actionable advice that balances legal risk and business impact in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability and integrity.
- Solid customer service focus and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with diverse teams across the organization.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, resolve problems and drive projects to completion.
- Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- A creative problem solver who is eager to learn about new ideas and concepts.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.