In-House Paralegal (Contract to Hire) at PopSockets LLC
In-House Paralegal (Contract to Hire)
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. People know us best for the PopGrip, a collapsible grip and stand that provides a secure, one-handed way to hold any mobile device. But we're always hard at work inventing new, expressive, extremely fun products that serve a functional need and help do some good in the world. From PopWallet and PopMounts, to PopPower chargers and an expanding line of beauty products, we're tireless in our pursuit of the company's mission to create empowering, customizable, magical products for our customers to enjoy.
Our In-House Paralegal will support the business on a global scale with a broad scope of work. We seek an extremely organized, tenacious team member with a vision to develop and polish practices and workflows within the legal team and scrupulous attention to detail who is dedicated to moving projects forward across departments and with outside firms and vendors.
While our legal team will provide a vision of excellence, set priorities and near term goals, and coordinate assignments, this role is best suited for a self-starter with high performance expectations, a habit of effectively communicating with others in writing and verbally, and who acts with a contagious sense of urgency.
Scope of Work:
- Routine upkeep of vital company records including:
- Corporate documents for entities world-wide
- Contracts and related correspondence
- Intellectual property records management and docketing (trademark, patent, copyright)
- Legal spend management including
- Outside firm and vendor billings
- Budget reconciliation and analysis of variances
- Monthly coordination with the company’s finance team
- Building efficient document production systems including:
- Form / draft document production
- Contract summaries and date docketing
- Related activities tied directly to the operations of the business
- Whatever it takes to thrill customers (inside the company and ones who buy products)
- Can do attitude
- Keen desire to make a positive impact
- Insatiable appetite for learning and constructive criticism
- 5+ years of experience as a paralegal in-house or with a law firm;
- Intellectual property experiences and awareness
- Experience with online research and investigations
- Strong document production skills (Word, Excel, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
*** Budget management experience and interest is a big plus ***
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.