Fraud Specialist at SumUp
Here at SumUp we are proud of our amazing and challenging work environment, our multinational teams, the enthusiasm and passion that everyone brings to the table. Why? Because we do things differently. With more than 1500 enthusiastic employees from more than 30 nations around the globe, we all come together to offer our merchants the best product and service. If you’re looking for a chance to participate and contribute your ideas, this is the right place for you.
We are inspired by a dream: payments should be easy, intuitive and affordable to empower small merchants all over the world. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. We are well on our way, as small businesses in over 33 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
SumUp is growing fast in the US and thus our SumUp’s Risk and Fraud team is looking for new Fraud Specialists for the office in Boulder, CO. In this role, you will conduct transaction monitoring, data analysis and enhanced due diligence to identify and mitigate fraudulent activity at transaction and account levels. Additionally, this position will work closely with SumUp’s onboarding and compliance teams to identify and appropriately report suspicious bad actor activity. If you believe you are the right fit for our expanding team, we would love to have you apply.
What you will do?
- Conduct daily transaction monitoring and ad-hoc analysis to identify root causes of fraud
- Be responsible for investigating merchant chargeback cases to minimize chargeback risk
- Facilitate customer disputes for US merchants
- Support requests for additional information from internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting daily operational functions addressing Risk and Fraud related inquiries from internal business channels including Onboarding, Compliance, Marketing and Customer Support
- Assist the Onboarding team in verifying new merchant accounts to prevent bad actor sign-up
- Effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced start-up environment while working under strict deliverables
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities to enhance the fraud prevention strategy
What you should offer?
- Prior experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, or relevant undergraduate classes
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Management, Criminal Justice, Law, Business Administration or other quantitative, business or technical discipline
- Ability to re-evaluate processes based on top management decisions
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with various business partners
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a flexible and fast paced production oriented environment
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal / business partnering skills
- Hands on mentality and customer centric mind-set
- Working proficiency with data analysis/mining tools
- Understanding of complex US laws and regulations
What you will love about SumUp?
- An exciting and highly motivated working environment
- Prime office location on Pearl Street (Downtown Boulder)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plans
- Immediate PTO available upon hire
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- Fun: weekly team events and SumUp US milestone celebrations
- Free rotating beer selection, fruits, and organic snacks
- Free Bus Pass and discounted Gym Memberships
- 1 Powder/Outdoor day - this is why we live in Boulder, right?
Who are we?
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe, South America and strongly growing in the US. We started out 8 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone and entered the US market about two years ago. We created a unique device that, with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So, our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses; we put them first. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. So, if you’re looking for the chance to innovate and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them.
Do you want to join? We’re looking forward to your application!