Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Corporate Paralegal, you will be responsible in providing legal and administrative support to the corporate legal department in our Downtown Denver office. Your emphasis will be on corporate maintenance and contractual matters as well as providing assistance to attorneys handling mergers/acquisitions. You will prepare and maintaining corporate records, which will include preparing information for Board and Shareholder meetings, assisting with NYSE and SEC filings, administering document management system, and providing backup to legal systems administrators.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Provide a high level of administrative general functions as required, specifically in the assistance in all stages of corporate transactions and in the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local requirements in the conduct of business activities.
- Support all aspects of strategic corporate development transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics and post-closing integration and administration.
- Summarize material terms of contracts.
- Provide assistance with certain tax filings.
- Assist with the preparation, review, edit and negotiation of legal documentation.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of materials for board of directors and board committee meetings including meeting agendas and presentations.
- Assist with planning and preparation of shareholder meetings and related documents and filings including director and officer questionnaires.
- Develop professional relationships with resources both within the Company and outside the Company to advance information gathering and research goals.
- General and legal research.
- Assist in the gathering of various materials for responses to auditors’ requests for information.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s degree; Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience, including a background in real estate with a law firm or corporation.
- Must have strong PC skills with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and use proprietary computer systems and databases.
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-certified program preferred.
- International experience and experience working with a corporate entity database is a plus but is not required.
- Experience with the formation, qualification and dissolution of corporate entities, preparation of minutes and resolutions, and maintaining records of parent and subsidiary corporations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Legal research knowledge and ability to use law library are required.
- Exhibits grace under pressure and has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.