Compliance Director at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis’s global ethics and compliance program is dedicated to promoting an enterprise-wide culture that fosters ethical business conduct and adherence to all applicable laws. The Compliance Director will serve as a key advocate of the company’s ethics & compliance program and will help in the development, implementation, administration and monitoring of various compliance program initiatives, systems and controls. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills; proficiency in various online tools; be independent, self-directed, organized and diligent; and able to work with minimal supervision.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Help manage the re-development, translation and distribution of the company’s Code of Ethics & Business Conduct, as well as associated policies such as anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and anti-facilitation of tax evasion.
- Help develop and make available appropriate company-wide ethics training administered through the learning management system.
- Provide support in the organization and coordination of the collection of annual certifications of compliance with the company’s Code of Ethics & Business Conduct.
- Assist in the periodic review of the company’s Code of Ethics & Business Conduct and associated policies to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Help develop an appropriate ethics communication plan to ensure broader visibility of the ethics and compliance program across the company.
- Manage the company’s Ethics and Compliance intranet website to provide employees visibility into available resources and applicable policies.
- Help manage the company’s third-party administered Ethics Helpline and Safety Hotline.
- Assist in the investigation, including the collection of facts through documentary evidence and/or interviewing of relevant personnel, of ethical issues as reported through the company’s Ethics Helpline.
- Conduct research and provide guidance on relevant best practices and industry trends related to ethics, including anti-bribery and anti-corruption efforts globally.
- Assist in revising and updating the company’s annual anti-bribery and anti-corruption training for Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Partner with Internal Audit to perform periodic risk assessments across the company to identify, quantify and prioritize risks, analyze findings, propose action plans to mitigate risks, and monitor implementation of action plans.
- Benchmark Prologis’s ethics and compliance program against programs of similarly- situated companies.
- Monitor performance of the ethics and compliance program and related activities through the collection and analysis of key metrics to ensure effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
- Help in the preparation of quarterly reports to advise the Board of Directors and related committees on relevant ethical issues and the compliance program in general.
- Assist in the management and administration of the company’s global records retention program.
- Help administer the company’s gift and entertainment policy including review of requests for clearance/waivers.
- Assist in the administration of and compliance with applicable lobbying and political contribution rules.
- Help research and provide guidance on relevant data privacy laws.
- Provide support in the development and administration of the company’s OFAC/SDN obligations.
- Research developments and changes in various applicable laws and regulations to ensure the company is in compliance.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive database that is responsive to potential fund investors’ request for information about the company’s ethics and compliance program.
- Help develop appropriate PowerPoint presentation of the company’s ethics and compliance program to be used for various internal and external presentations.
- Provide support in the organization and coordination of the collection of quarterly certifications of compliance with various legal obligations.
- Help in the administration and preparation of required state filings and investor certifications.
- Participate in quarterly fund compliance calls to ensure adherence to various legal obligations.
- Assist in the collection, compilation and analysis of various legal restrictions in the marketing of real estate funds in jurisdictions around the world.
- Participate in special administrative and compliance projects as requested.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- A minimum of five (5) years of compliance, legal and/or related experience.
- Law degree preferred. Paralegal certificate or equivalent acceptable with additional relevant experience.
- Knowledge of compliance processes and practices and familiarity with basic concepts and terminology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communication skills.
- Excellent record-keeping.
- Must have strong PC skills and the ability to learn and use proprietary computer systems and databases.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to interact collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues.
- Ability to build strong relationships and inspire trust and confidence with stakeholders at all levels.
- Exhibits grace under pressure and has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.