About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
The Boom Legal and Policy team is looking for an Associate General Counsel to assist the company in building out our in-house legal organization. This attorney will lead a range of projects and initiatives to support the finance organization, and provide strategic guidance to the company on various corporate legal matters.
- Provide counsel to company leadership to drive strategic business and legal initiatives across aspects of the growing business including finance and business development.
- Advise executive team on corporate strategy, SEC requirements and corporate governance.
- Support corporate secretary function with respect to governance and board of directors oversight.
- Design and implement policies, procedures and controls required for corporate compliance.
- Assist in the drafting, review, negotiation and interpretation of a wide variety of commercial agreements; licensing; information technology; marketing; and services agreements.
- Advise investor relations, corporate and product communications, and corporate financial reporting functions on disclosure and securities matters.
- Assist in the preparation and review of press releases, investor presentations and management presentations, including the review of all earnings releases and related scripts.
- Assist with various equity and debt financings and provide legal support to the treasury function.
- Draft corporate governance materials, including resolutions, minutes, and other materials for meetings of the board and its committees.
- Assist with the drafting and negotiation of M&A transaction agreements and manage all legal aspects of acquisition or disposition transactions.
- Assist Boom’s legal team as needed on miscellaneous legal matters.
- Provide utmost confidentiality in all business-related matters.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with emphasis on corporate or contract law.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an ABA-approved law school.
- Active membership in good standing of the bar of any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Experience working with both private and public companies throughout their corporate life cycle.
- Deep knowledge of securities law and corporate governance best practices for public companies.
- Proven thought leadership with strong organizational skills and business judgment.
- Highly proactive self-starter.
- Aptitude for maintaining strong working internal cross-functional relationships.
- Adaptable, resourceful, flexible, and creativeStrong communication skills, presence, decisiveness, and poise.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Salary Range for this position is $175,000-$220,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description