Associate Compliance Specialist
Please review the job details below.
The Associate Compliance Specialist will be responsible for a full range of legal, trade and ethics compliance activities. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Company’s Compliance team, and will be responsible for assisting with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of an effective trade and ethics compliance program, including all requirements related to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC) as well as compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), Anticorruption, Anti-bribery, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) regulations and other ethics and compliance laws and policies.
- Assist in the design, development, management and oversight of compliance operations and organizational inputs.
- Assist in the complex trade licenses and agreements, including NOAA licenses, export licenses and Technology Assistance Agreements, to support key commercial and defense programs. Research and collect information and documentation required for licensable activity. Direct support for the Empowered Official.
- Provide compliance support related to export activity, including the classification of hardware, software and technical data in accordance with the ITAR and the EAR.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of standards, policies, procedures, tools, communications, and training for the Compliance Program, including but not limited to such subjects as Code of Conduct, Export Controls, Anti-Boycott, Trade Sanctions, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Bribery, FCPA and Customs compliance.
- Investigate customer end use information to determine jurisdiction, licensing requirements, technology transfers and related export, deemed export and re-export controls. Evaluate associated compliance risk and determine what additional due diligence is required. Document reasons for course of action; ensure the necessary evidence is on file to support the transaction; in high risk situations, create documentation to drive decisions on permitting or denying exports.
- Perform denied party screening, advise and resolve escalations pertaining to Trade Sanctions regulations.
- Perform third-party due diligence and advise the business on risks.
- Maintain compliance tools and training, including the compliance intranet page.Assist with the identification, escalation and reporting of compliance issues.
- Assist with investigations into allegations or suspected violations of regulatory/legal requirements or ethics policies.
- Continually monitor and maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory guidelines as well as corporate goals.
- Maintains export/import files and records in accordance with U.S. Government export/import regulations and DigitalGlobe policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 -4 years of experience in a complex, global industry, in a compliance or controls-focused role with experience implementing compliance programs, or other programs related to international business.Prior experience in working with export controls regulations preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
- Knowledge of the ITAR, EAR, FCPA and Trade Sanctions regulations, and the ability to apply it to various commercial and defense business situations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural team.
- Excellent organizational skills; management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously.
- Acute attention to detail and process orientation.
- Presentation skills, including the ability to create training material with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to demonstrate flexibility, diplomacy, influence, confidence, and tolerance when managing change and differing opinions.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.