Summer Intern - Autonomous Vehicle Simulation at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
The 2020 Summer Intern - Autonomous Vehicle Simulation will report to the head of system integration & test engineering and make enhancements to the simulation and visualization environment and tests, and will design and execute tests of an autonomous vehicle in a simulated environment.
This position requires a very capable student in computer science, computer engineering, or systems engineering with exceptional problem-solving and project management skills. Exposure to ROS and simulation is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be responsible for a well-defined, three-month project and related tasks that further the development of autonomous vehicle features that redefine logistics automation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development of well-defined simulation test plans and then execute those plans
- Test and ship integrated hardware+software subsystems and functionality
- Support product deployment and system maintenance
- Contribute generally to the growth and success of the company and the building of a vibrant culture focused on the responsible deployment of zero-emission autonomous vehicle technology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical/electronics engineering, and/or mechanical engineering
- Proficiency in Python
- C++ experience and coursework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team
- Sterling references
- Experience with ROS-based software development for robotic systems
- Experience with Gazebo
- Work in a Linux environment and targeting embedded deployment
- Experience with robotics software engineering, autonomous vehicle systems, robotic perception, manipulation systems, computer vision, and/or planning and controls