Strategic Finance Intern
Healthgrades is seeking an Intern in its Strategic Finance Group located in Denver, CO. This position has a wide range of responsibilities across the 800+ employee healthcare internet company. Members of the finance group are involved in the daily operations of the business including supporting the most senior executives of the company in decisions in allocating capital and creating value.
What you will do:
· Create and track variance to the annual operating budget.
· Construct and measure key performance indicators for each division in the company; frequently discuss operating efficiencies and performance with senior leaders.
· Collaborate cross-functionally with accounting and other teams to optimize processes.
· Understand historical financial results and their forward-looking implications, including decisions on how to allocate resources.
· Drive efficiencies and improvements in the forecasting of revenues and expenses by automating processes around new business bookings, pipeline management, and commissions payments.
· Assist in capital structure optimization and other treasury and corporate development functions.
· Own a wide variety of sophisticated ad hoc analyses that are designed to use raw data to generate key insights into the business and help us change the game.
What you will bring:
· You must be a rising college junior or senior with a minimum GPA of 3.3
· You are considered a high performer and have an unrelenting and positive work ethic
· You are intellectually curious and do not stop until you solve the problem
· You are a self-starter, follow up on everything that is asked of you, have excellent time management skills and are deadline-focused
· You care about your work output and have great attention to detail
· You enjoy detailed Excel work including designing and presenting complicated information into digestible results for non-financial users
· You have a track record of strong and effective communication skills
· You want to be part of a fast-growing company and work in a culture in which more responsibility is given the more you prove yourself
· You have an interest in Finance, Accounting, and Strategy, and have an ability to work across teams such as Sales, Operations, and Technology
This is a 12 week long paid internship. The position will be approximately 40 hours/week
Why This Is a Unique Opportunity:
Healthgrades is a fast-growing healthcare internet media company. We are on a journey to help transform the healthcare industry through disruptive technology and solutions served via the internet to help consumers make informed decisions about their healthcare and to help hospitals and physicians connect with patients with unique solutions that are all measureable and have a ROI.
The senior leadership team has a long track record of building brands and successful companies (most notably WebMD, public company, $2 Billion valuation and MedCo, sold to Merck for $6 Billion). It’s a high-performance culture, fast paced and one where an individual can achieve a high level of performance.
In the end, you will have a deep understanding of the entire business and the levers that drive the business with a 360-degree view and grow professionally at an accelerated rate.