Software Engineer, Associate Development Program at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Associate Development Program (Full Time Hire)
Education Desired :Bachelor's Degree
Travel Percentage :0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2021 Associate Development Program today!
As a 2021 Associate Development Program full-time participant with FIS, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January and June with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
*This position starts January 19th, 2021
About The Team
Team: Our team Catalyst is a scrum team based in Denver, Colorado focusing on the Developer Experience Project. Our team is made up of a Development Manager, a Scrum Master, a Program Manager, a Business Analyst, a Content Writer, A Quality Assurance Engineer, and several Developers/Engineers (both frontend and backend).
Project: Developer Experience (DevEx) is an FIS North American Product initiative aimed at Partner Enablement. The site we are developing is a frontend web app that will modernize the documentation of our suite of APIs, provide links for consumers to reach out to our sales and solutions teams, and allow our integration partners the ability to create an account and request API keys. In a larger sense, the project aims to redesign the way consumers who partner with FIS Merchant Solutions discover and integrate into our suite of APIs.
What You Will Be Doing
An average day could look like writing technical documentation in HTML and Markdown, creating an Angular JS component to be displayed on our frontend application, submitting code through GitHub for code review, or working with a Sr. Engineer to build an API Proxy in Apigee.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical Skills:
- Git knowledge
- Knowledge of REST APIs
Added Bonus If You Have
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experience integrating into/building REST APIs
- Familiarity with Apigee or API Management
- Experience with Unit tests and Integration testing. We use Selenium, Jest,
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
**Current and future sponsorship are not available for this position**
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.