Internal Communications Manager at SumUp
Internal Communications Manager (Boulder, CO)
At SumUp, small business owners are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With merchants in over 31 countries using SumUp to accept payments, we’re building the first-ever global card acceptance brand. Using a founder’s mentality and a “team-first” attitude, our teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Your impact at SumUp
As Internal Communications manager within SumUp’s CEO Office, you’ll be instrumental in streamlining our global internal communications with a focus on creating clarity and promoting organizational health. In this role, you’ll be working closely with the Chief of Staff and an international team in order to lead and execute a variety of communication activities.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Lead and execute internal communications activities proactively and reactively
- Build partnerships with key internal stakeholders to stay on top of developments across our organization
- Prepare messaging and other internal materials such as articles, posts, presentations and briefings and to support teams in their ad-hoc communications
- Develop frameworks, guidelines and templates that empower SumUppers’ internal communication strategy and execution.
- Be a champion for our current communications tools: Slack, Zoom, Confluence, Jira, and Marketing cloud.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- You have 4+ years of demonstrated experience in internal or external communications.
- You have exceptional writing, grammar and copywriting skills in English and a keen visual sense on aesthetic best practices for images and video across channels.
- You have a strategic understanding of different communications platforms such as Slack, Confluence, Jira, Marketing Cloud and Zoom and best practices around usage of these tools
- You possess a founder’s mentality; we’re looking for creative self-starters that are excited to experiment and proactively drive projects.
- Please provide a writing sample along with your application for this role
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Paid vacation and holidays immediately available upon hire
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks (fruits, cereals, nuts, etc.), and team meals
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
SumUp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements for the position. SumUp believes in supporting candidates and employees throughout their career journey so we encourage you to apply. SumUp is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
SumUp is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $90,000 to $110,000. Compensation will be finalized by candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.