INTERN - Finance
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo’s Summer Intern Program consists of an 8-12 week internship placed within an individual department. This program is tailored towards qualified individuals currently entering their final year of school either under graduate or graduate. You will gain experience in a corporate environment, training to excel in your field and learn all things Marketo; our business, products and culture. Outside of your daily functions, all interns will participate in company activities such as offsite’s, mentorship, even volunteer work. Through these social events you will be given the opportunity to network with executives, full-time staff and fellow interns across the company.
We are looking for a financial analyst intern to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team this summer. This internship program offers interested candidates excellent opportunities to gain valuable work experience in corporate finance field and a tremendous amount of knowledge of Marketo, our business, products and culture. In addition to support key corporate finance functions, an intern will be assigned special projects to work through the summer. An intern is expected to present their projects and work experience at the end of internship. The internship will also provide opportunities to participate in rewarding activities such as offsite, mentorship, All Hands and other social events to network with executives, full-time staff and fellow interns across various groups.
This intern position will focus on Corporate FP&A function which touches on various finance support areas within the company. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Prepare in-depth reporting and analysis of revenue and other corporate metrics
- Perform billings analysis to provide insights into billings drivers and their patterns
- Create and/or improve financial models in support of the long range planning
- Conduct benchmarking and comparative analysis of company performance
- Compile data from analyst research reports and maintain consensus model
- Assist in maintaining and updating key operational and financial metrics in the systems
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in business, finance, economics, information systems, accounting or related field.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- No previous finance experience required, but a strong interest in corporate finance is necessary
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial principles
- Must be proficient in Excel and detail oriented
- 10-12 week commitment, available to work 40 hours per week