Data Engineer Intern at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Data Engineering Intern to accelerate development of our cutting-edge data platform. As a key member of the Data Services Organization, you will work with both engineering and analytics to develop and own stable, scalable, and approachable data platforms. The data engineering team’s mission is to create and manage a data infrastructure with requisite paved roads, standards, training, and support allowing Data Producers to own their data in Ibotta's Data Lake, including self-service ingestion, data quality, data security, change management, documentation, and monitoring.
This will be a full-time, 12 week, internship during the summer of 2022. This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Use Scala, Java, or Python to utilize Hadoop/Spark to collect and manage data at scale
- Work with upstream Data Producers to automate and standardize ingestion of event data into our data lake
- Contribute to data tiers standards and create new bronze or silver data sets
- Learn and leverage various AWS and data lake technologies and tools to enhance and maintain our overall infrastructure
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify pain points and new opportunities for automation
- Evangelize Data Engineering and supporting capabilities with Platform and Analytics teams
What we are looking for:
- Juniors or Seniors working towards a bachelor’s/master’s degree with a focus in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics or a related field
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great analytical and problem solving abilities
- Self-directed and self-motivated
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay.
- The hourly compensation for this role is: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour worked. This compensation is specific only to Colorado.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.