Customer Success Undergrad Internship - Summer 2021 at Nylas
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 by a couple of MIT graduates who were passionate about making complex systems simpler. Co-founder and CTO Christine Spang saw that email use was growing at a steady rate, yet there wasn’t a simple way to unify this data-rich tool in a way that developers could easily integrate with this data. She and a small team (at the time) set out to fix this. Fast-forward to 2020, Nylas has successfully raised funding from Spark Capital, 8VC, ScaleUP, Round13, Citi Ventures, Slack Fund, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, and SV Angel. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Sparkpost.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
2019 Great Place to Work
2019 Happiest Employees
2019 Best Leadership Team
2019 Best CEOs for Diversity
2019 Best Perks and Benefits
2019 Best Work-Life Balance
In this internship you will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with our Customer Success Team members who are responsible for delivering on the value that Nylas’ customers sign up for. Once a new customer signs on to leverage our software, the Customer Success Team works to consult and guide them to the quickest launch of their integration with Nylas, while also making sure we are catering to their specific use case and providing best practices as such. After the client is live, the Customer Success team is responsible for managing relationships for the long term - ensuring they are aware of all the features they could be benefitting from, up to date on our newest capabilities, and growing alongside us. The CSM is the voice of the customer within our organization, making sure that their questions are answered and their feedback is heard - knowing that this is directly tied to their success, satisfaction and value as a Nylas client.
What You'll Do
- Manage key projects that support our Customer Success organization’s focus on revenue retention/growth. product adoption and time to first value
- Support the Client Success Managers in their efforts to manage our customer base by implementing and managing cross-functional processes, tools, and enablement collateral which facilitate Customer Success activities
- Work to document key customer data points for critical reporting
- Coordinate and oversee the development of content for critical re-occurring Customer Success meetings and enablement of cross-functional process/system changes or updates
- Review our customer base for areas of opportunity and risks, and help design action plans for supporting these scenarios
- Contribute to the creation of a client-facing engagement communications tailored to Nylas’ customer needs
- Partner with the cross-functional teams including Product, Marketing, Sales, Support to ensure appropriate alignment on key initiatives and projects
- Compile quarterly business review data & content - develop data/analytics skills, tying data to story-telling and value
What You'll Bring
- The ability to think creatively about, analyze, and understand both technical and complicated strategic problems
- A knack for synthesizing difficult concepts into digestible bits of information
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and desire to interface with other teams, with special emphasis on solution-based approach to problem-solving
- Evidence of leadership, outstanding track record, and/or peer recognition that separate you from others
- Ability to work quickly, independently and accurately in a high-volume environment, with excellent time management skills
- A severe thirst for learning, an ability to digest a lot of information and the impetus to ask questions that will drive you to a full understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to a broad range of scenarios, plus innate follow-up skills
- Strong computer skills, a technology acumen, and the ability to adapt quickly
- Proficient in data analysis and manipulation with solid spreadsheet (Excel) preferred
- High level Nylas product knowledge and willingness to learn more
- The ability to listen to client and team needs and find solutions
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Pay Range: $36 - $38/ hour
Read Full Job Description