Client Engineering Internship at VIZIO
About the Team:
We are looking for a Client Engineering Intern interested in developing the best user experience. And positively impact the life of VIZIO SmartTV customers. The Client Engineering Team is looking for a talented software engineer to deliver powerful entertainment experiences. We are made up of passionate engineers who care about the customer experience, the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
We are built around supporting each other in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We're more focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don't focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we're most excited about).
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS and SCSS layouts
- Experience with integration and functional UI automation frameworks
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- You're responsible and take ownership of your area, and that also means you work hard to complete projects successfully. You don't believe in leaving work half-baked or passing it down the line so you can meet the deliverable schedule.
What You Will Do:
- Develop high quality, modular components in Vue.js and TypeScript
- Implement software solutions consistent with the company's coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure quality and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keeps track of bugs in the code and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participates in planning and scheduling tasks and is responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Puts comments in code as appropriate and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up to date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and production issues.
- Be proactive, need to be willing to reach out to the team with questions and feedback
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high-performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter, or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Intern, Web Design, Testing, Software Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level, Creative, Technology