Accounting Intern at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Accounting Internship
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Summer Internship
Position Level: Entry-Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
Are you a career driven student looking to take your first step into the world of Accounting? Xactly, the leading sales performance management software company, is seeking a full-time Accounting Intern to support our Global Accounting team starting this summer 2019. This role is a 12-week internship starting in June 2019.
As the Accounting Intern in Xactly Corporation's growing Denver office, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a world-class accounting team of experienced accountants and CPA's with exceptional work ethic and personalities. You will begin your internship by learning some of the foundational accounting activities such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, reconciliations and shadow some of our accountants in this "Best Place to Work" organization. Once acclimated, your day will consist of more challenging activities such as complex reconciliations, analysis, accounting projects and working with management on solutions to meaningful issues. These activities will help you gain exposure to other facets of accounting and a glimpse into what your career may look like in 5, 10 or even 20 years. Your summer internship will culminate in a final project, during which you will have the opportunity to present to Xactly's executive staff. On top of the above, you will participate in fun intern events, will learn a lot and will have a lot of FUN!
Xactly's Accounting team is a group of remarkably smart, driven, and exceedingly fun people with diverse backgrounds. We are a team that puts people first! True believers in the Xactly Culture, the Accounting team ties Xactly's C.A.R.E. (Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence) values into everyday things we do. Our team is made up of world-class big 4 CPA's, accounting management, young up-and-comers, and veterans. All of these people are ready to help you learn. Over 90% of our team has been with Xactly for less than 18 months, so we are new just like you!
THE SKILL SET
● Working towards a bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2020-June 2021
● The desire to pursue a career in Accounting post-graduation
● You have outstanding organizational skills
● You're proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results-oriented
● You are able to prioritize requests based on importance and timing
● You have a passion for learning and are results oriented
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
● Develop a working relationship with Xactly's Accounting department
● Have completed a 1:1 with each member of the Accounting team and have a strong understanding of how Xactly's Accounting department operates
● Receive administrative training on how to leverage internal tools including Box, Workday, Salesforce, Excel.
● Gain a strong understanding of Sales Performance Management space and the business challenges Xactly solves
● Have a high-level understanding of the full lifecycle of an accounting close
● Gain exposure and contribute to Accounting areas including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and management!
BY THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP, YOU'LL
● Have a strong understanding of how Xactly's accounting functions
● Have the ability to learn each area of accounting to see what you like
● Have a deep understanding of how our accounting processes and systems work
● Successfully present your end-of-internship presentation to Xactly's executive staff
BENEFITS & PERKS
● Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
● Parking & Commuter Benefits
● Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
● End of Month Surprises & Socials
● Periodic Massages
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.