2020 Summer Internship – Technology – UX / UI Design at IHS Markit Digital
About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
During your summer at IHS Markit you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on the job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
Eligibility: Our next internship program runs through the summer of 2020. We’re looking for students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2021.
We want to build a pipeline of exceptional emerging leaders. If you excel in your internship, you could be fast tracked onto our full-time graduate program!
As an Intern with IHS Markit, you will undertake work on a real business project intended to add value to your team as well as provide you with a great learning opportunity.
Overview of the UX/UI Design function:
The design team at Markit Digital is one of the largest in the financial industry. Our work, and how we work affects the way our clients do business, how their users make important decisions and what finance means to the world. As individuals, we come from many backgrounds and perspectives. While some of us have finance experience, our larger belief is that new ideas come from learning, research, analytical thinking, questioning and translating what we know to new contexts. In our data-driven world, making the complex simple is a prime challenge. This is the core of what we do.
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at HIS Markit. To be eligible for a Summer Internship, you will:
- Pursuing working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) completing no later than September 2021
- This program is aimed at students with 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively within the intern group and internally to teams and executives is imperative
- Strong organizational, planning and presentation abilities including editing
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously while maintaining high quality
- Familiar with multiple software and online technologies including Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision and others
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks with minimal instruction
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Knowledge of finance and the financial markets is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
For our Technology Stream applicants, we recommend the following:
- A Science, Technology, Engineering or Math’s related degree
- An understanding and/or interest in any of the following;
- Software development methodologies
- Quality assurance
- Microsoft technologies
- Relational databases
- Java based technologies
How to apply
Submit your online application, which should include your CV
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit online application
Stage 2: Initial screening process
Stage 3: Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles.
We recruit on a rolling basis and most of our assessment days are due to take place from November 2019. We recommend early application.
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best possible solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.