Instruction and Content Development Manager - Leadership Focus
Guild Education is bridging the gap between education and employment, the leading U.S. company helping top employers offer Education as a Benefit to their employees.
Guild’s education platform empowers top companies to help working adults go back to school, with tuition assistance programs that align the corporate business goals and affordable education programs that working adults love. Guild’s network of online, nonprofit universities and learning providers offer a consortium of classes, programs, and college degrees, along with college advising and retention coaching, helping each student navigate the worlds of work and college.
About The Role:
As we work to become the industry leader in tuition assistance and online education for employee students across the country, we also aspire to evolve the definition of online learning and transform students’ experience in a virtual world - in the classroom.
Guild’s academic offerings are the first-step for many of our students on their path to advance their education and improve their career opportunities. Robust and meaningful content is essential to a positive student experience. In addition, Guild works to articulate the work experience of the students from our employer partners for college credit, in order to help them succeed on a pathway to college. Your work helps us do just that.
As a Instruction and Content Development Manager - Leadership Focus, you’ll teach college preparatory and management courses to our students, research best practices, provide feedback to students and build out additional content as part of our Academic Product Operations Team. In addition, you’ll assist in the credit articulation process for our employer organizations.
We are seeking organized, energetic and passionate professionals who want to live at the intersection of Guild’s academic content and delivery. As a Instruction and Content Development Manager - Leadership Focus, you will do more than instruct; you will also play a role in the development and continuous improvement of our course offerings and credit articulation process. We are seeking candidates who can work in a fast-paced, startup environment, and are excited by the opportunity to transform the education-to- employment pipeline in the US.
As a Guild Instruction and Content Development Manager - Leadership Focus, you will:
- Teach courses relevant to your background to our students, whether that be leadership, writing, college preparatory, or management courses
- Acts as an instructional designer - from supplemental material creation to research on best practices to development of new course offerings
- Assist with the credit articulation process in partnership with employers and universities
- Provide feedback to students, from attendance to grading to office hours
- Communicate effectively with Admissions Advisors, Student Success Advisors, and course instructors
- Use Guild's technology, including our online educational platforms and tools, phone, text, and email, to communicate with students, instructors and colleges.
We’ll prioritize the following experience and attributes as we evaluate candidates throughout the hiring process:
- Passion for higher education and our mission - Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space - success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A background in education or curriculum design and the desire to continuously improve the student experience
- A master’s degree in a content area related to teaching, instruction, curriculum design, or subject matter connected to one of our courses.
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change, high pressure and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Experience with our demographic of students (high school, higher education, adults)
- Professional and/or academic experience in leadership development or people management
Guild Education believes that a diverse and inclusive team will contribute toward our ability to achieve our mission and will dedicate intentional effort to building a team that reflects that belief.