Vice President of Lending Operations
SALT is a fast-growing entrepreneurial firm that operates around the world and has a dynamic workforce of diverse professionals. SALT offers a smarter way to leverage blockchain assets—ingeniously bridging cryptocurrency with traditional finance. Through its best-in-class Platform, SALT enables cryptocurrency holders to secure cash loans by collateralizing their blockchain assets. The company is committed to advancing a global blockchain-based ecosystem. For employees SALT offers 100% paid health benefits, generous PTO, an engaged culture and transportation benefits. If you enjoy a fast-pace, a progressive and hard-working environment, SALT may be the place for you.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Lending Operations will be responsible for managing our current lending strategy, executing the short and long-term business strategy, tactical plans, lending policies, new products and services and ongoing best practices and efficiency improvement initiatives of lending functions to support SALT’s vision and value-add to our borrowers.
- Manage a team of loan officers structuring, originating, and servicing loans, reviewing their work and maintaining quality standards
- Oversee and monitor loan administration and servicing
- Develop quality metrics and deliver training
- Interview, hire, and manage employees
- Receive, process, and evaluate loan applications and clients
- Provide customers with financial counseling, and recommend bank products which fit their needs
- Monitor the status of problem loans and work with customers to make sure the loan is repaid
- Negotiate, underwrite, and structure high level loans, and submit proposals for approval
- Develop customer and referral networks, identifying and pursuing opportunities for loan sales
- Provide results mentoring, coaching, and training to support and develop managers and staff
Preferred Candidate Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is required.
- Ten years of progressive lending, compliance, and collection experience in commercial, and consumer lending are preferred
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of all rules, regulations and laws pertaining to commercial, and consumer lending
- Effective communication, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Must have interest in Blockchain technology / Cryptocurrency and some knowledge is preferred
- Analytical capability: strong ability to analyze and evaluate data, formulate accurate, conclusions and develop actions plans accordingly
Full-time position and ideal candidate currently resides in the Great Denver Area or willing to relocate. Please note this on your application or cover letter if applying from out of state.