Tax Specialist at Personal Capital
Looking to make a real difference?
You belong right here.
Come build a rewarding career helping others achieve their financial dream at an organization that values your own long-term success. With your unique talents, you have what it takes to be bold and brilliant in everything you do and reach new heights for a company dedicated to diversity and inclusion, community and you.
If you share that belief, this is where you belong.
Join our team of nearly 6,000 associates across 40 different locations worldwide and start your future today.
Position Title: Tax Specialist
Personal Capital transforms how you understand, manage and grow your net worth. It starts with providing real-time information about your finances via state-of-the-art technology, and personalized, expert guidance to ensure you’re always moving towards your financial goals.
With over $15 billion in assets under management, and over 2 million users of our free tools, Personal Capital is the smart way to manage your financial life.
Personal Capital is looking for a third Tax Specialist to help provide deeper and more complex solutions for our clients. This is an opportunity to define how we provide Tax guidance and the chance to shape a new role within a fast-growing organization.
Candidates should be interested in delivering tax related guidance to stakeholders, working within a small core team of fellow CPAs, as well as building processes and procedures related to the role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Tax Specialist will collaborate with fellow team members to review current and prospective client tax situations and will consult directly with advisors and clients around tax projections and strategies.
Holistically review and identify problems, inefficiencies and opportunities related to estate and tax planning for clients.
Work with internal Estate Planning Strategist on tax, wealth transfer matters, charitable giving, and extensive one-off unique transaction strategies (i.e Real Estate and Stock option projections).
Remain up to date on tax law changes and comfortable communicating the effects of any changes to advisors and clients.
Help develop a national CPA and tax specialist network.
Occasionally work with internal teams on developing and disseminating tax related content, from training for advisors, to Personal Capital’s official blog postings.
Help develop, improve, and update deliverables for clients on tax related topics.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• 2+ Years of HNW tax experience
• CPA License and advanced qualification in Personal, Family and Small Business Tax management
• Experience with Tax Planning Technologies, Proficiency in MS Excel and word
• Advanced research skills to assist in providing possible solution for complex client issues
• Master’s Degree in income tax a plus
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
Competitive compensation, includes base salary and eligibility to participate in either an annual bonus program or sales incentive plan, as applicable. Base salary range provided below is a reasonable estimate and final base salary may differ based on the selected candidate’s education, training, experience, licensure requirements, travel requirements and geographic location.