Supervisor, Technical Accounting
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Supervisor, Technical Accounting
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Position Summary: This individual will be responsible for assisting the global accounting department and senior management with researching, concluding and documenting the accounting for new or proposed real estate transactions, the formation of ventures, debt refinancing, changes in accounting literature, etc. as well as technical accounting questions received from the global operations teams and other corporate departments. The individual in this role is responsible for creating and updating global accounting policies as well as educating various groups throughout the Company about the potential accounting impacts related to new and proposed accounting guidance or transactions. Additionally, this role assists with the preparation and review of certain financial statement areas for Prologis and the review of reports for certain Prologis ventures, and coordinates the financial reporting controls compliance process alongside the global accounting team and internal audit.
Here’s how to do that:
- Perform technical accounting research, form a conclusion and formally document in memos for senior management. Coordinate with external auditors on certain accounting conclusions.
- Research the appropriate accounting treatment for new and potential transactions
- Create and document accounting policies for global accounting organization
- Prepare and/or review certain financial statement areas for Prologis reporting (through reporting in the 10-Q / 10-K) as well as the review of reports for certain Prologis ventures
- Coordinate financial reporting controls compliance process alongside the global accounting team and internal audit
- Serve as a resource for corporate and property accounting groups globally with questions primarily on US GAAP accounting as well as IFRS
- Assist with presenting and preparing training materials for internal CPE events
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and a minimum of 4-6 busy seasons completed with a public accounting firm
- Experience with real estate, SEC reporting and/or a global multi entity organization preferred
- CPA license required
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Customer service mind-set and a team player mentality
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely communicate issues and suggested resolutions with management.
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.