Strategic Finance Manager, Product and Engineering
Marketo has an amazing opportunity for a bright, energetic Finance Manager to join our elite finance team within a fast-growing software company. This position will report into the Director of Corporate FP&A and play a key role on the corporate finance team. This team engages directly with Senior Executives within Marketo's Product and Engineering groups as well as the CFO, COO and CEO. The Manager will be a close partner to the business and be involved in all financial decisions, strategic projects, and improving the efficiency of day-to-day operations.
Given the frequent meetings and collaboration with Senior Executives and leadership throughout the organization, strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must be prepared to work in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
This position will reside in our newly opened and freshly remodeled downtown Denver office, with a "Silicon Valley" atmosphere where the business is creating a Global Center of Excellence.
- Provide thought leadership to the Product and Engineering group to ensure that strategic decisions consider the financial implications
- Partner with business teams to understand and prepare detailed commentary regarding variances, business drivers and influence forecasting assumptions
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of the Product and Engineering annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts and variances
- Support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting requirements in accordance with deadlines, including but not limited to financial close, management reporting and executive communication
- Create effective performance metrics and dashboards to drive accountability and ownership within the Product and Engineering function
- Actively seek opportunities to introduce new tools and improve analysis used for function communications
- Lead the coordination, organization and execution of ad hoc quantitative and qualitative analyses for areas supported
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment, with occasionally long hours
- Business acumen – deep understanding of what drives growth and value, and insight into performance measurement and reporting techniques
- Clarity of thought – strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare presentations and interact with Executive leadership
- Team Oriented – able to lead others, work independently, and collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
- Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action and desire to pursue a career in finance
- Resilient – independent problem solver with ability to overcome roadblocks or other obstacles and pursue solutions for complex business issues
- High proficiency in Excel with demonstrated ability to improve processes via automation and end-to-end efficiencies
- Comfort with business analytics and tools. Advanced Excel and Power Point skills required and systems experience such as Tableau, and Adaptive Insights highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a quantitative discipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience within the Finance function providing strong analytical support and business insights to help manage business performance, including but not limited to variance analysis, forecasting and business case analysis with an eye for details
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer