PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
The Finance Team at PopSockets is a group of fun and talented professionals looking to add a Staff Accountant to the crew. The role will focus on maintaining the general ledger, month-end close, preparing reconciliations and reports, and assisting with process improvements. This opportunity requires a solid understanding of accounting principles and a passion for problem solving. A successful candidate can manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of organization and attention to detail. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare, submit, and improve monthly and quarterly commission and licensing reporting
- Work interdepartmentally with sales and licensing teams to communicate and improve licensing and commission program
- Read and summarize licensing and commission contracts; implement contract requirements into reporting metrics
- Perform mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel
- Prepare and record journal entries as part of the month-end close process
- Prepare and analyze ad hoc requests and projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with licensing and commission reporting requirements a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and take ownership of work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong work ethic and initiative with a positive attitude
Salary range: $60,000 to $65,000
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.