PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
The Finance Team at PopSockets is a group of fun and talented professionals looking to add a Staff Accountant to the crew. The role will focus on maintaining the general ledger, month-end close, preparing reconciliations and reports, and assisting with process improvements. This opportunity requires a solid understanding of accounting principles and a passion for problem solving. A successful candidate can manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of organization and attention to detail. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Maintain Fixed Asset and Prepaid schedules.
- Prepare and post payroll entries using ADP GL interface reports.
- Assist the tax department in preparing quarterly use tax filings.
- Unclaimed property compliance reporting.
- Support ongoing financial and compliance audits.
- Intercompany transaction reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience required.
- Inventory / manufacturing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently
- Innovative problem-solving skills and flexible mind-set
- Ability to work cross functionally to solve problems
- Self-starter, dependable and possessing the ability to respond quickly and accurately on multiple priorities
- Strong MS Excel knowledge
Pay range: $60,000 to $65,000
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.